pixeltracker

Mean girls understudies?- Page 4

Mean girls understudies?

magictodo123
#75Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/15/19 at 4:23pm

I could be wrong, but I think Barrett posted on Instagram sometime within the last week in costume as Janis....but I think i also heard she took a medical leave?

treblemakerz Profile Photo
treblemakerz
#76Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/15/19 at 5:21pm

magictodo123 said: "I could be wrong, but I think Barrett posted on Instagram sometime within the last week in costume as Janis....but I think i also heard she took a medical leave?"

The last day Barrett performed in the show was August 14th. She has been on leave since.

Updated On: 9/15/19 at 05:21 PM

JustinLovesSideShow
#77Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/15/19 at 6:17pm

Barrett’s been gone for a month and they STILL won’t Riza. Been hearing rumors she does t cover it anymore

JuneJune
#78Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/16/19 at 3:44am

JustinLovesSideShow said: "Barrett’s been gone for a month and they STILL won’t Riza. Been hearing rumors she does t cover it anymore "

I was just about to ask what the deal with Riza was. I'd love for her to go on but I find it strange that she hadn't made her debut yet.

mailhandler777
#79Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/16/19 at 4:25am

IAMREADING said: "Has anyone seen Olivia as Janis? How was she?

I think Barrett has been out for a month now.
"

I saw her yesterday. I don't know much about the show since I never saw it. It was a Broadway Roulette show too. I didn't even know who was on until intermission when I could grab a playbill(thanks to NJ Transit for making me a few minutes late). 

As for Olivia I thought she was incredible but I have no one to compare her with. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#80Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/16/19 at 4:45am

JustinLovesSideShow said: "Barrett’s been gone for a month and they STILL won’t Riza. Been hearing rumors she does t cover it anymore "

According to Playbill, Riza has stopped covering the role since October of 2018. 

http://www.playbill.com/personlistpage/person-list?production=0000015e-5c89-dcd5-a37f-5debe2b60000&type=op#oc

mailhandler777
#81Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/16/19 at 3:15pm

JuneJune said: "JustinLovesSideShow said: "Barrett’s been gone for a month and they STILL won’t Riza. Been hearing rumors she does t cover it anymore "

She isn't listed as an understudy in the playbill.

I was just about to ask what the deal with Riza was. I'd love for her to go on but I find it strange that she hadn't made her debut yet.
"

beatofthedrum27
#82Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/16/19 at 3:20pm

If you click on the + button beside the date, it says that she left for a week and now she’s back and still covers Janis

beatofthedrum27
#83Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/16/19 at 3:21pm

\_(•_&bullMean girls understudies?_/ said: "JustinLovesSideShow said: "Barrett’s been gone for a month and they STILL won’t Riza. Been hearing rumors she does t cover it anymore "

According to Playbill, Riza has stopped covering the role since October of 2018.

https://www.playbill.com/personlistpage/person-list?production=0000015e-5c89-dcd5-a37f-5debe2b60000&type=op#oc
"

If you click on the + button beside the date, it says that she left for a week and now she’s back and still covers Janis

Ahmy
#84Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/16/19 at 3:37pm

_(•_&bullMean girls understudies?_/ said: "JustinLovesSideShow said: "Barrett’s been gone for a month and they STILL won’t Riza. Been hearing rumors she does t cover it anymore "

https://www.playbill.com/personlistpage/person-list?production=0000015e-5c89-dcd5-a37f-5debe2b60000&type=op#oc
"

That's not accurate; she's listed in a Playbill from July as covering Janis.

(What's really strange is she's allegedly not had a put in yet..)

mailhandler777
#85Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/17/19 at 1:46am

I just looked at my playbill again and Riza is indeed listed as an understudy. They have Olivia as standby though so she would be doing all the shows that Barrett misses.

IAMREADING
#86Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/22/19 at 6:54pm

I ended up seeing it today with Gianna as Janis. I did NOT like her interpretation of the role at all but I do think it is closer to the film character. Barrett brings so much more.. empathy? to the character whereas I found Gianna’s Janis to be nothing more than an annoying prankster.

Olivia and Becca will be on for Cady next week as per Erika’s latest tweet: https://twitter.com/elhenningsen/status/1175854547601907712?s=21

My eye started twitching during Apex Predator. Think it’s time for a vacation! Peace out til next week North Shore! Catch the incredible Becca Petersen and Olivia Kaufman as your home schooled jungle freak @MeanGirlsBway!

mailhandler777
#87Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 5:16am

It will be Olivia's Cady debut. So when Olivia is on as Cady I'm guessing Gianna will be Janis and when Becca is on as Cady Olivia will be back on as Janis. Unless Barrett is back obviously.

magictodo123
#88Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 5:37am

Oh how I wish I had the money to see Olivia as Cady....

magictodo123
#89Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 10/2/19 at 7:52am

Is it just me or has Barrett been out for a long time?? Does anyone have any intel as to what's going on?? I hope she's okay! 

alex814
#90Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 10/2/19 at 8:39am

magictodo123 said: "Is it just me or has Barrett been out for a long time?? Does anyone have any intel as to what's going on?? I hope she's okay!"

She’s been out of the show (reportedly) since August 14th. I have no idea what’s going on but I also hope she’s okay!

mailhandler777
#91Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 10/2/19 at 3:39pm

On Instagram one of Barretts stories had her at physical therapy. She also is suffering from terrible allergies.

treblemakerz
#92Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 10/2/19 at 8:08pm

Barrett doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get back, from what I've heard. Unsure if it's a medical thing or? I'm just surprised the show has not made an announcement or a better solution has not been found than just rotating understudies through for six weeks. Seems stressful for everyone involved.

Edit: changed my phrasing.

Updated On: 10/2/19 at 08:08 PM

mailhandler777
#93Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 10/2/19 at 9:10pm

treblemakerz said: "Barrett doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get back, from what I've heard. Unsure if it's a medical thing or? I'm just surprised the show has not made an announcement or a better solution has not been found than just rotating understudies through for six weeks. Seems stressful for everyone involved.

"

In Frozen when Olivia Phillip's was out for 4 months or however long it was due to injury the understudies handled the role for however long. Granted Janis is a bigger role.

magictodo123
#94Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 10/3/19 at 8:41am

mailhandler777 said: "treblemakerz said: "Barrett doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get back, from what I've heard. Unsure if it's a medical thing or? I'm just surprised the show has not made an announcement or a better solution has not been found than just rotating understudies through for six weeks. Seems stressful for everyone involved.

"

In Frozen when Olivia Phillip's was out for 4 months or however long it was dueto injury the understudies handled the role for however long. Granted Janis is a bigger role.
"

I found out yesterday that Barrett apparently injured her neck. I hope it's on its way to getting better and that she's back in the show soon! 

IAMREADING
#95Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 10/4/19 at 10:50am

I think a lot of fans go to see her (I've literally overheard people when I went say how excited they were she was in it bc that's why they came) so it would be detrimental to the show to announce she is out. With Taylor gone, she definitely is the biggest star in the show, Erika has 101K Instagram followers and Barrett has 211K.

mailhandler777
#96Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 10/16/19 at 1:35am

IAMREADING said: "I ended up seeing it today with Gianna as Janis. I did NOT like her interpretation of the role at all but I do think it is closer to the film character. Barrett brings so much more.. empathy? to the character whereas I found Gianna’s Janis to be nothing more than an annoying prankster.

Olivia and Becca will be on for Cady next week as per Erika’s latest tweet: https://twitter.com/elhenningsen/status/1175854547601907712?s=21

My eye started twitching during Apex Predator. Think it’s time for a vacation! Peace out til next week North Shore! Catch the incredible Becca Petersen and Olivia Kaufman as your home schooled jungle freak @MeanGirlsBway!
"

I saw Gianna last week and enjoyed her more then I thought I would. I didn't find her to be annoying at all. 

treblemakerz
#97Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 10/16/19 at 2:06am

As this seems to be becoming a "where is Barrett"/"who's playing Janis"/Janis understudy review thread, I guess I'll throw my two cents in.

I've had the chance over the last year and a half to see every actress who covers the role on Broadway (in addition to Barrett, and minus Riza, clearly) and Gianna's performance is my favorite. While there are a few takes on the role that I've really enjoyed (I thought Danielle Wade in particular was superb), I feel like Gianna really makes it her own. Her Janis is the most authentically dorky, true "art freak" version of the character, and there's never a dull moment when she's onstage. Meanwhile, with other covers I've sometimes felt like they're just mimicking the too-cool-for-school attitude Barrett brings. Sometimes, something new is good :)

It's been very interesting to read the different preferences everyone here has!

Updated On: 10/16/19 at 02:06 AM

RWPrincess
#98Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 10/16/19 at 2:39pm

I saw this last night and Olivia was on Janis. I thought she was great. The 2 male swings were also in the show. My first time seeing this and I thought everyone was terrific. 

IAMREADING
#99Mean girls understudies?
Posted: 10/29/19 at 5:45pm

I'm seeing tweets that Barrett was back in the show last night! This is HUGE as she has been out since ~August 15th.

Videos