CLUELESS THE MUSICAL

Whateverjsays
#100CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/19/19 at 10:02pm

Is there any word on a cast album? I had a lot of fun at the show and Dove has a gorgeous voice.

massofmen
#101CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/20/19 at 4:31pm

move to NWS?!!!?!? did you read the reviews?

AntV
#102CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/20/19 at 11:18pm

Personally I really enjoyed this show with it's 90s theme and the young audience all did too. Yes it was campy and cheesy but isn't that the point? I certainly liked it more than the actual full musical of Be More Chill. (Though yes I do love that score.)

I could see it selling well again either with Dove or any other young star that could sell tickets. I'd love to see Katherine McNamara do a musical.

ccbway
#103CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/20/19 at 11:28pm

Honestly, the material and score was just so mediocre, I don't think star casting can really save this show. The whole time I was watching this I was thinking that it was barely better than the off-off-Broadway version of Cruel Intentions the Musical that I saw last year - which had the same kind of 90s cover songs material.

LightsOut90
#104CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/21/19 at 3:06am

y'all....y'all undertstand that Dove clearly didnt enjoy doing the show, thus why she was out so much right?

this show is done. 

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#105CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/21/19 at 10:36am

Ooh, LightsOut...spill that tea.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#106CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/21/19 at 2:50pm

LightsOut90 said: "y'all....y'all undertstandthatDove clearly didnt enjoy doing the show, thus why she was out so much right?

this show is done.
"

What? She was in the ER and apparently injured her back/neck pretty badly. 

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#107CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/22/19 at 6:04am

That was a total work.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Dove at 31 Flavors that night

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#108CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/22/19 at 2:41pm

There's not gonna be a future life for this show. It was dead before arrival. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#109CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/22/19 at 6:48pm

Whats sad is that there was a rejected score for this that used original songs that was good. With some polish, it couldve been a cousin to Hairspray. Instead we got the jukebox thing. Maybe theyll return to that score someday. Christians big number wouldve been my audition song for everything in my young life. I think it wouldve really worked for a younger audience.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#110CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/23/19 at 8:30pm

Greensgreens, do you know who wrote this "score that never was?"

If it's really that good, I wonder why on Earth they'd abandon the idea. I felt that Clueless, of all things, needed a cast recording of fun NEW 90s-inspired tracks.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

singer234
#111CLUELESS THE MUSICAL
Posted: 1/23/19 at 11:16pm

I almost wish it was a 90 min play with music, that could draw on fantastic actors who are not necessarily singers first.