pixeltracker

Judi Dench signed on for CATS film- Page 2

Judi Dench signed on for CATS film

Loopin’theloop
#25Judi Dench signed on for CATS film
Posted: 10/21/18 at 1:58pm

Impossible2 said: "Loopin’theloop said: "Impossible2 said: "TotallyEffed said: "This movie is going to be such an epic disaster."

Yup, just like the musical x
"

You might want to check the amount of money the stage production made or at least check the definition of disaster.
"

Since when has popularity ever equaled quality?
"

It doesn’t in any way but a disaster indicates financial, unless one states otherwise 

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#26Judi Dench signed on for CATS film
Posted: 10/21/18 at 2:00pm

y'all stop complaining,this is going to be the ultimate movie to get stoned af and go see.... even more so if it's bad.  

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 10/21/18 at 02:00 PM

Catsbroadwayfan
#27Judi Dench signed on for CATS film
Posted: 10/21/18 at 2:04pm

Based on the cast so far imma have to take multiple hits before this Judi Dench signed on for CATS film

Updated On: 10/21/18 at 02:04 PM

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#28Judi Dench signed on for CATS film
Posted: 10/21/18 at 2:04pm

I hate Cats, but I have a strange feeling that this might actually be good for some strange reason.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#29Judi Dench signed on for CATS film
Posted: 10/21/18 at 2:37pm

We all need to get out of the house and out from behind our computers.

Proposing we all do that next year and have a 

BroadwayWorld Gets Stoned And Goes To See The Cats Movie Together Extravaganza. 

Broadway World's Fireman.

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#30Judi Dench signed on for CATS film
Posted: 10/22/18 at 1:06am

Variety reported that Ian McKellen was to play Deuteronomy. 

I've also read that Jennifer Hudson is Grizabella, and that James Cordon and Taylor Swift are cast in as yet unannounced roles... (?)

Swift is supposed to be one of Macavity's girls based on director Tom Hoopper's suggestion. 

I've never liked Cats. If it eventually shows up in iTunes as a $0.99 rental, I might see it... but I doubt it.

Saw Dame Judi in "Tea With the Dames" this afternoon. I thought it was better than Cats. wink

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#31Judi Dench signed on for CATS film
Posted: 11/14/18 at 7:21pm

There's still time to get cast!  Get those videos in by Friday:

Casting Notice: Female 16-30 years of age

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#32Judi Dench signed on for CATS film
Posted: 11/14/18 at 8:11pm

I’d like to hear Judi Dench act “Memory”...

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#33Judi Dench signed on for CATS film
Posted: 11/15/18 at 6:23am

MichelleCraig said: "I’d like to hear Judi Dench act “Memory”..."

I don't.

Acting in spite of song makes the singing feel misplaced and forced and that ruins the acting performance, the notes get in the way of the acting and that makes the acting feel insincere.

Acting through song is a different story, but you need people who can sing for that.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#34Judi Dench signed on for CATS film
Posted: 11/15/18 at 11:12am

This has less to do with casting a woman in a role traditionally played by a man just to cast a woman and more to do with casting Judi Freakin' Dench.

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#35Judi Dench signed on for CATS film
Posted: 11/15/18 at 12:38pm

I must admit I am interested, it looks highly doubtful that there actors will be playing cats like on stage, maybe it will be some sort of 'let me read a story to my kid' and it gets played out kind of thing. If it isn't something totally out of left field then I just dont know what the point of it all will be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre