pixeltracker

Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues

Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues

kelkel113
#1Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:14pm

Hi All! I purchased 2 orchestra tickets to Harry Potter & the Cursed Child back in February 2018 for the 2-show day performance on Wednesday, December 19th. Unfortunately I'm unable to go anymore Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues I remember when I purchased there was a return policy of what I thought was up until 3 days before the performance for a full refund plus refund of the fees. I can't find anything in writing though and Ticketmaster is giving me a difficult time. Does anyone remember what the deal with the refunds was? Otherwise hopefully someone would like to purchase 2 tickets as I will be unable to go and my only option would be a ticket transfer.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:19pm

I think the return policy was several weeks in advance....but I cant be sure. I do remember people talking about a change in policy recently, however.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#3Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:19pm

I purchased tickets in the first round of sales (October 2017), and my order confirmation (received via email) includes the return policy. It says my tickets could be returned up to 14 days prior to the performance. I don't think they ever offered a return window that was up until 3 days before the performance. 

kelkel113
#4Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:24pm

UGH. Frustrating. I would've only missed the cut off by 1 day. I didn't know I wouldn't be available until today and don't have any friends I know who would be willing to pay $300 total for both parts. Have people had any luck reselling their tickets for the full amount? Not trying to make anything off of them just cover the full price plus fees. 

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#5Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:26pm

kelkel113 said: "UGH. Frustrating. I would've only missed the cut off by 1 day. I didn't know I wouldn't be available until today and don't have any friends I know who would be willing to pay $300 total for both parts.Have people had any luck reselling their tickets for the full amount? Not trying to make anything off of them just cover the full price plus fees."

no

kelkel113
#6Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues
Posted: 12/8/18 at 7:06pm

Just wanted to report back that by some miracle I was able to get a full refund on the tickets plus fees from Ticketmaster! Phew! 

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#7Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues
Posted: 12/9/18 at 12:00pm

Thank you!!!! This board was the best. I had tickets for December 22 and I couldn't use them. They were the old overpriced tickets. 

I just got a full refund 13 days in advance. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#8Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues
Posted: 12/9/18 at 5:03pm

Dave13 said: "Thank you!!!! This board was the best. I had tickets for December 22 and I couldn't use them. They were the old overpriced tickets."

Overpriced how? Last I looked premium prices have increased, so I don't think prices have been reduced. Unless you just paid more than you wanted...

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#9Harry Potter Return Policy - Issues
Posted: 12/9/18 at 8:17pm

haterobics said: "Dave13 said: "Thank you!!!! This board was the best. I had tickets for December 22 and I couldn't use them. They were the old overpriced tickets."

Overpriced how? Last I looked premium prices have increased, so I don't think prices have been reduced. Unless you just paid more than you wanted...
"

I had 2 tickets for both parts that worked out to be about $1200 in the Dress Circle Row G. I had a tough time selling them when you can easily find tickets for much less through Ticketmaster or even Stubhub in the Orchestra. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.
Updated On: 12/9/18 at 08:17 PM

Videos