What should I see?

AlexandraCoombs Profile Photo
AlexandraCoombs
#1What should I see?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 10:21pm

Seeing Kiss Me Kate next Saturday evening. I could possibly see a matinee that day. Looking at Choir Boy, TKAMB, The Prom or Merrily. Thoughts? Open to other suggestions as well.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#2What should I see?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 11:36pm

AlexandraCoombs said: "Seeing Kiss Me Kate next Saturday evening. I could possibly see a matinee that day. Looking at Choir Boy, TKAMB, The Prom or Merrily. Thoughts? Open to other suggestions as well. "

Merrily sees to have received a meh response on here. The Prom has received polarized responses. TKAMB has received mostly positives but reasonably priced tix are hard to find. Choir Boy has received good to great reviews & is easy to get same day tix from TKTS or try digital rush via TodayTix. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#3What should I see?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 11:59pm

Haven't seen Merrily yet, but I thought The Prom was an absolute joy, and a must-see. Choir Boy was good, but, Jeremy Pope's performance aside, I was expecting better. I loved Mockingbird, but, like Miles said, there are no regularly-priced seats available. I'd also recommend The Ferryman, since the original London cast is leaving on 2/17, but not sure if it's something you'd be interested in.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#4What should I see?
Posted: 2/6/19 at 12:14am

The Prom is wonderful! fun and funny but with an excellent message about acceptance etc. Merilly was good but nothing to go crazy over.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#5What should I see?
Posted: 2/6/19 at 5:48am

Choir Boy and The Prom will most likely have tickets, and seem to be getting good reviews (I can verify those for Choir Boy) enjoy Kiss Me Kate!!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6What should I see?
Posted: 2/6/19 at 6:17am

I found the Prom predictable and weary. The idea is cute, but it got a bit tedious. No reason that show should be 2 and a half hours. I didn't hate it but I'd never actually reccomend it.

Choir Boy, imho, was great. And if you pu can get/afford tickets, Mockingbird would be my other rec.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

theaterlyfe19
#7What should I see?
Posted: 2/6/19 at 7:44am

You can get reasonably priced tickets to Choir Boy through TodayTix (I think) and I've heard nothing but good things! 

I'd also recommend The Prom, I personally loved it. But I hope you enjoy whatever you end up seeing!