Athletes on Broadway

HereAndThere2 Profile Photo
HereAndThere2
#1Athletes on Broadway
Posted: 4/23/19 at 5:28pm

I am a fan of Eddie Izzard, in part because he is an athlete.  In 2009, at age 47, he accomplished something that I find almost unimaginable  To help raise money for charity, he ran the equivalent of 43 marathons in 51 days around the United Kingdom.  That's one marathon a day, six days a week, for eight weeks.  A marathon is 26.2 miles, so he ran 1126 miles (or thereabouts).  All with little training or experience.  Since then, he has taken on a similar event.  This bit of video is from a documentary filmed to capture his achievement.

Which leads me to wonder what other Broadway people might be known for their athleticism?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2Athletes on Broadway
Posted: 4/23/19 at 5:31pm

Tiki Barber Athletes on Broadway

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#3Athletes on Broadway
Posted: 4/23/19 at 6:22pm

Every single ensemble member who dances their ass off 8 times a week!

bwaylvsong
#4Athletes on Broadway
Posted: 4/23/19 at 6:39pm

I believe Cynthia Erivo ran a half-marathon and then did a performance of “The Color Purple” that night!

Back Row
#5Athletes on Broadway
Posted: 4/23/19 at 7:50pm

As I recall, Aaron Tveit chose Broadway over trying for professional baseball or professional golf. Just the fact that he considered those to be legitimate options is probably a sign that he’s athletic.

And Shuler Hensley went to college on a baseball scholarship.

taylortrensch Profile Photo
taylortrensch
#6Athletes on Broadway
Posted: 4/23/19 at 8:28pm

i consider skateboarding as a (difficult) sport so - kyle hamilton from spongebob broadway is a professional skater. he was actually the skating/stunts coach for the chicago run of the show and he joined the cast when they moved to broadway. playbill did an article on him http://www.playbill.com/article/how-this-skateboarder-turned-his-tricks-into-a-broadway-debut-in-spongebob-squarepants 

don't message me thinking im taylor trensch?? what would he be doing on bww?? you can't possibly be that dumb bye

RWPrincess
#7Athletes on Broadway
Posted: 4/24/19 at 1:27am

Christy Altomare announced last week that she’s training for the NYC Marathon. She’s done shorter distance races as well.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#8Athletes on Broadway
Posted: 4/24/19 at 6:38am

Tyson