Three Sisters at NYTW

InTheKnowEvenIfYouDontBelieve
#50Three Sisters at NYTW
Posted: 9/2/22 at 2:25pm

Greta is indeed not involved .  But you may find the name who is replacing her much more exciting (I know I do).

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#51Three Sisters at NYTW
Posted: 9/2/22 at 2:56pm

InTheKnowEvenIfYouDontBelieve said: "Greta is indeed not involved . But you may find the name who is replacing her much more exciting (I know I do)."

Carey Mulligan, Carey Mulligan, Carey Mulligan.

Updated On: 9/2/22 at 02:56 PM

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#52Three Sisters at NYTW
Posted: 9/2/22 at 6:29pm

InTheKnowEvenIfYouDontBelieve said: "Greta is indeed not involved . But you may find the name who is replacing her much more exciting (I know I do)."

Such a tease! Why hold out on us now?! Three Sisters at NYTW Is Steve Buscemi still attached?

Carey Mulligan would be fantastic - I'm a big fan of hers, but I wouldn't find that quite as exciting in this case. I feel like what made Greta Gerwig so exciting was the fact that; here we have this skilled actor who's only occasionally worked onstage, who then becomes this hugely impressive filmmaker, and now returns to acting in this incredibly intimate setting. It just felt like such an event, and I feel like it's hard to replicate that.

But this was always a bit of a weird situation; I said this way back when it was first announced (literally in the OP of this thread), but it's strange that Gerwig chose to accept a role like Masha in a play like Three Sisters; it's a perfectly good role in a great play, but far from what you'd call a star vehicle. So that made the situation all the more interesting for me, and I sort of have a hard time imagining another star of her caliber taking her place - but hopefully I'm wrong, and the Oracle is right!

Updated On: 9/2/22 at 06:29 PM

gibsons2
#53Three Sisters at NYTW
Posted: 9/2/22 at 6:54pm

Do tell!

Stephen75
#54Three Sisters at NYTW
Posted: 9/2/22 at 7:15pm

Love the Mulligan suggestion, she's incredible on stage. Maybe Michelle Williams? She is pregnant but could want to return to the stage in something small. Carrie Coon has a relationship with NYTW already. It's high time Nina Arianda is back on stage. 

Or maybe it's Greta's muse Saoirse Ronan!

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#55Three Sisters at NYTW
Posted: 9/3/22 at 10:45am

Stephen75 said: "Love the Mulligan suggestion, she's incredible on stage. Maybe Michelle Williams? She is pregnant but could want to return to the stage in something small. Carrie Coon has a relationship with NYTW already. It's high time Nina Arianda is back on stage.”

Taste!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#56Three Sisters at NYTW
Posted: 9/3/22 at 10:10pm

Stephen75 said: "Love the Mulligan suggestion, she's incredible on stage. Maybe Michelle Williams? She is pregnant but could want to return to the stage in something small. Carrie Coon has a relationship with NYTW already. It's high time Nina Arianda is back on stage."

Probably TMI but 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

I’m wet.

sinister teashop Profile Photo
sinister teashop
#57Three Sisters at NYTW
Posted: 9/4/22 at 9:45am

"InTheKnowEvenIfYouDontBelieve said: "Greta is indeed not involved . But you may find the name who is replacing her much more exciting (I know I do)."

Kennedy Kanagawa as Moo-sha?

Updated On: 9/4/22 at 09:45 AM