pixeltracker

If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out- Page 2

If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out

BenjaminNicholas2 Profile Photo
BenjaminNicholas2
#25If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out
Posted: 1/27/20 at 5:16pm

Bottom line, if nothing is said or done, <<edited by BWW staff>> will continue to do it and think it's acceptable.

CALL THEM OUT.  GET THEM THROWN OUT.

Alamo Drafthouse does this on a routine basis.  It only takes one time thrown out that a person learns and likely doesn't come back or do it again.  Embarrassment is a strong learning tool for adults.

Updated On: 1/27/20 at 05:16 PM

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#26If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out
Posted: 1/27/20 at 5:33pm

indecision 

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 1/27/20 at 05:33 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#27If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out
Posted: 1/27/20 at 5:40pm

I have never been to a Disney show because I know myself and my tolerance levels. For parents. The kids are generally fine. It's the parents who completely put me off.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

SarahNYC2
#28If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out
Posted: 1/27/20 at 7:35pm

Jarethan said: "Highland Guy said: "SarahNYC2 said: "I am just in shock by the whole incident."

In a 2018 thread, you also complained about parents bringing babies andtoddlers to the theater. You will survive. Get over it.

You are the one who is not living in reality. Why should someone pay good money to see a live performance, only to have that enjoyment shot in the head by bad behavior. I have to admit that I tend to deal with it immediately and decisively. Examples: when the peoplein front of me at one showinsisted on using their cell phone, after asking politely, I started kicking their seat until they got the message that I was not going to stop; they were quiet the rest of the show, 90% of which remained. At Frozen, I was luckily on an aisle. I got up 15 minutes into the show, after again politely asking the peoplein front of me to stop talking in a regular voice in an ongoing conversation (they didn't). The usher came and told them that they would be asked leave if they continued to make noise (someone else complained also). The people next to them gave me a thumbs-up. Why should I allow inconsiderate people detract from my enjoyment. It is nutlike I paid $10 to see a movie.

Of course, if the kids were three and four, they should not have been allowed in the theatre. Regardless of the parent's refusal to do something, thetheatre shares some blame here. IMO Sarah made a huge mistake at not going to management at our even before intermission.

I agree 100% I made a mistake. My daughter gets very anxious with these things, and my boyfriend suggested I not let it bother me. In retrospect I wish I had gone to a manager as soon as intermission happened. 

I am surprised that the people on either side were basically ignoring it. I feel like in NYC patrons are much more likely to speak up right away. But I also feel like ushers are much more on top of everything. I mean in the last year or so in the NYC theaters I feel like almost always 5 minutes before the show they are coming around, making sure phones are off-they don't want any disturbances. 

"

Dan6
#29If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out
Posted: 1/30/20 at 3:42pm

Many years ago I took my kids (then probably around 6 and 8) to see The Lion King at the Pantages in LA. As we walked into the theater I pointed out the large sound board at the back of the orchestra and they were intrigued by all the buttons and switches. I explained to them that the board was connected to trapdoors under each seat in the audience, and that if children misbehaved or were too loud someone at the board would flip the switch for their seat and they would be dropped down into the basement, where they would have to wait for their parents to pick them up after the show. My wide-eyed kids were the quietest and best-behaved children - heck, the best-behaved PEOPLE - in the entire theater.

OceansJenny Profile Photo
OceansJenny
#30If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out
Posted: 1/30/20 at 5:21pm

Weekday evening shows are light on children attendance for the children friendly shows, especially during the dead season like right now. Matinees, weekend shows, and anytime school is out is full of kids.

I never have great seats but have seen all the Disney shows like this without being disturbed thankfully (knock on wood). Harry Potter on a Sunday I did have an annoying kid next to me who liked to laugh at serious parts and make commentary to his mom. Matilda on a Sunday matinee a kid was kicking my mother in-law’s seat the whole first half. Win some and lose some.

Totally agree no one should have their experience ruined by someone else.

Updated On: 1/30/20 at 05:21 PM

OMG U Guyz
#31If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out
Posted: 1/31/20 at 1:59am

Usually there’s minimum
Age in most theaters but for something like Aladdin they probably let it slide.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#32If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out
Posted: 1/31/20 at 3:46pm

Actually, most theaters say 4+, but for many kids that's too young.  My daughter could sit through shows at that age, not so much my son.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Christoph
#33If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out
Posted: 1/31/20 at 4:46pm

I completely sympathize with you and it annoys most sane people.  My mother loved attending musical theater before her health starting making it an issue.  One of the last shows we got to see was the touring production of The King and I at the Kennedy Center.  We had very good seats, but a group of people with a young girl (8-10) ended up in front of us, with the girl planted directly in front of my mother.  After the show started the girl proceeded to talk like she was in her living room, stand up, stand up in the chair, try to walk up and down the row she was in, etc.  The older people she was with kept trying to control her without success.  They finally got her to sit down, then she began stretching her very long hair out over her head and flinging it to either side of her and into the row behind.  There were lots of shushes and please stops from people, including my mother.  At intermission, I hoped they would remove her, but they remained for Act 2, so I switched seats with my mother to hopefully give her a break.  Same thing through all of Act 2 with the hair stretched up above her head and flinging it here, there and everywhere, despite balking patrons.  At the end, the older people with her apologized and said "she doesn't belong to us."  OK, but so what?!  They brought her to the theater and had literally no control over this child and expected everyone else to suffer the consequences.  They should have just left at some point and taken her out of the theater.  Unfortunately, my mother recently passed away and it annoys me beyond words that this was one of her last theater experiences.