Rachel Tucker--Come From Away

hearthemsing22
#1Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/3/20 at 7:41am

Rachel Tucker is back on Broadway as Cpt. Beverly Bass in Come From Away!! She starts tonight! I've never seen her in anything on Broadway so I'm SUPER excited to see her. Anyone else seeing her? 

LarryD2
#2Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/3/20 at 8:30am

I saw her in London. She's fantastic -- hell of a voice and a really compelling actor. Broadway is lucky to have her.

hearthemsing22
#3Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/3/20 at 9:14am

LarryD2 said: "I saw her in London. She's fantastic -- hell of a voice and a really compelling actor. Broadway is lucky to have her."

I've seen her do her solo show at 64 Below and she became one of my favorites, but other than that, I haven't seen her in a production. I'm so excited to see her first performance in Come From Away on Broadway tonight! 

RWPrincess
#4Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/3/20 at 12:18pm

I plan to see her. I hope she sticks around for a while.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#5Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/3/20 at 12:27pm

RWPrincess said: "I plan to see her. I hope she sticks around for a while."

I plan to see her soon. I would assume she signed on for 6 months at least. 

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

hearthemsing22
#6Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/3/20 at 1:38pm

RWPrincess said: "I plan to see her. I hope she sticks around for a while."

If she was doing a really short run I think they would have announced it when they announced her casting. Based on the fact that no end date was announced, I think she's planning on staying with the show for a while. 

JaredBway
#7Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/4/20 at 7:48am

I'm seeing her in this at the very end of March, I look forward to it.

hearthemsing22
#8Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/4/20 at 8:10am

This show is so beautiful. I love it. And Rachel Tucker is such a phenomenal addition to this cast. She gave me a whole new appreciation for "Me and The Sky". Definitely go see her in this if you're a fan of the show! 

Broadway Buddy
#9Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/4/20 at 8:15am

hearthemsing22 said: "RWPrincess said: "I plan to see her. I hope she sticks around for a while."

Well Becky Gulsvig only stayed for about 6 months unplanned until the announcement a couple weeks ago  unfortunate that I just missed on Rachel  saw the show for the first time last Tuesday with my dad for Kids Night and both of us loved the show and cast. This will be a show I would see again in an instant and something I will try the lottery for again and again.

Fosse76
#10Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/4/20 at 10:58am

Broadway Buddy said: "hearthemsing22 said: "RWPrincess said: "I plan to see her. I hope she sticks around for a while."

Well Becky Gulsvig only stayed for about 6 months unplanned until the announcement a couple weeks ago unfortunate that I just missed on Rachel saw the show for the first time last Tuesday with my dad for Kids Night and both of us loved the show and cast. This will be a show I would see again in an instant and something I will try the lottery for again and again.
"

Becky was only in the Broadway company for 4 months. It wasn't unplanned, Rachel Tucker was already scheduled to join the show this month when Becky was hired.

Broadway Buddy
#11Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/4/20 at 2:39pm

Becky was only in the Broadway companyfor 4 months. It wasn't unplanned, Rachel Tucker was already scheduled to join the show this month when Becky was hired."

Ah. I didn’t know. 

LarryD2
#12Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/4/20 at 3:12pm

Gulsvig also did almost a year on tour as Beverley before joining the Broadway company, so she's a longtime member of the CFA family at this point.

Wayman_Wong
#13Rachel Tucker--Come From Away
Posted: 3/4/20 at 3:43pm

I first saw Rachel Tucker make her Broadway debut as Meg in Sting's ''The Last Ship.'' That was such a Tony-caliber cast: Michael Esper, Collin Kelly-Sordelet, Aaron Lazar, etc. I loved that show. After ''The Last Ship,'' Rachel played Elphaba in ''Wicked'' on Broadway - a role she also did on the West End. She's amazing. 

Updated On: 3/4/20 at 03:43 PM

Videos