pixeltracker

What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing? - Page 5

What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?

bear88
#100What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?
Posted: 6/5/20 at 6:57pm

Last actual show: Gatz at the Berkeley Rep on Feb. 22

Last Broadway show: Hadestown during the latter half of May 2019

My wife and I debated trying to squeeze in a short New York City trip last fall because we were headed east for another reason, but the logistics didn't work. I had plans to see a fair number of shows in the San Francisco Bay Area in March and April, not to mention May and June, but we know how that turned out. I still have too-high expectations for the Vietgone sequel whenever it turns up, given how much I enjoyed the first one. 

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#101What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?
Posted: 6/5/20 at 11:17pm

First preview of THE MINUTES. Not sure if or when it will come back so I'm glad I got to see it!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

cmorrow
#102What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?
Posted: 6/5/20 at 11:30pm

Hadestown, Friday night, February 14th. Great performance of a great show, and I'm so glad we were able to see it. We had tickets for a play (not B'way, but off- off-) for Friday night, March 13th, but of course that one didn't happen. We later heard that two of the actors fell ill with the coronavirus, but both have recovered.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#103What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?
Posted: 6/6/20 at 12:33am

Mean Girls, last August 21. One of very few recent musicals with a better book than score (Tootsie was another great example). Mediocre at best.

I saw Olivia Kaufman's second-ever B'way performance as Janis, and two other swings were on. I reached out to that night's conductor before showtime and got to go backstage with my family. All in all, a nice experience, and thank GOD I didn't have to face that toxic fanbase at the stage door for minutes.

Oh look, a bibu!

Olivia11
#104What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?
Posted: 6/6/20 at 2:48am

Beetlejuice on November 27th as part of a Thanksgiving trip, where we also saw Hadestown and Moulin Rouge. Everyone was in for all three shows, which never happens.

Looking forward to coming back to NYC, but I think it’s going to be 2021, at best. What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?

Updated On: 6/6/20 at 02:48 AM

AADA81 Profile Photo
AADA81
#105What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?
Posted: 6/6/20 at 4:15pm

'Gypsy' with Ethel Merman.  I hope she plays Mama Rose in the movie.

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#107What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?
Posted: 6/7/20 at 4:22am

Tina in mid-February! So so glad I got to see Adrienne Warren, but the show was pretty mediocre itself. Adrienne more than makes up for it.

Also had the chance to see Moulin Rouge and Jagged Little Pill in early December when I had to make a spontaneous trip into the city. Considering SIX and Company weren't open yet, I think I got a good taste of the 2019-2020 musical season even if all shows were jukebox shows haha. Absolutely loved Jagged Little Pill, but Moulin Rouge was definitely not a favorite. It was fun and all but it just felt too much like a Vegas show, a bit too touristy for me. I still think I enjoyed Tina less than than those two however, despite it feeling much more like an actual "musical" than Moulin did. Still enjoyed all three shows though and very fortunate to have seen all three prior to the shutdown considering I live in Texas and don't get to make it to the city usually more than once a year.

BWAY Baby2
#108What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?
Posted: 6/7/20 at 12:21pm

Moulin Rouge- loved it!!