Falsettos Reunion Zoom

MannPhan24601
#3Falsettos Reunion Zoom
Posted: 5/4/20 at 2:53pm

Saw Lulu Lloyd's theater company is doing something similar with different actors for "hang outs". Might do the one for Sierra Boggess next week. I recently hosted a "hangout" with a bunch of former Phantom tour cast members for free and the 5 people I got on there had some great conversations with the 16 former cast members I got! 

EDIT: Saw Sierra got sold out. Oh well.... 

Updated On: 5/4/20 at 02:53 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4Falsettos Reunion Zoom
Posted: 5/4/20 at 3:37pm

It's not "apparently." It is.

https://www.broadwayevolved.com/conversations

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#5Falsettos Reunion Zoom
Posted: 5/4/20 at 3:45pm

Before you edited your message, you mentioned people are out of work and weren't happy with the price. The people out of work include the entire cast, as well as all theater actors right now. It helps them a lot, and yes a small company (who also needs the money) gets the rest of it. Sounds reasonable to me, and if you cannot pay for it, that's cool as well. No one is forcing you here. 

Broadway Buddy
#6Falsettos Reunion Zoom
Posted: 5/4/20 at 7:51pm

I did one with this company a couple weeks ago. It was Andrew Barth Feldman, Renee Rapp, and Betsy. I would never do it again. It was a whole bunch of teenagers spamming the chat with “I love them so much” and “OMGGGGG ITS THEM!” It was incredibly annoying. It was also supposed to be a Q&A session, but because all these teenagers were spamming, the chat was going so fast they only answered like 1. They also were false advertising and saying it was a small group with very limited spots available. I think 165 is the opposite of that. terrible experience. I emailed them the next morning to complain. Apparently my friend was on the call to and she also complained. We got responses back which were incredibly dull. Something along the lines of “we hope you do one of our programs again and have a better experience.” This is why I like something like stars in the house. Completely free and they are doing the exact same thing.

Broadway Buddy
#7Falsettos Reunion Zoom
Posted: 5/4/20 at 7:52pm

To add on, they require you to turn your cameras off but every minute there would be one person who would turn their cameras on just to wave hi.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#8Falsettos Reunion Zoom
Posted: 5/4/20 at 7:55pm

Yeah, it's not an interaction with the cast, it's just you watching them talk and maybe sing one song. I would be so annoyed to pay money just to see teenagers type the same crap over and over again. Ugh. 

orph3us Profile Photo
orph3us
#9Falsettos Reunion Zoom
Posted: 5/4/20 at 9:50pm

Betsy Wolfe owns broadway evolved so i’m not shocked. I’m sure they were offered stars in the house but opted to do this instead. Very disappointing as falsettos is one of my favorite shows.

Videos