Racist Rainbow

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#250Randy Rainbow
Posted: 10/10/20 at 10:44am

BWAY Baby2 said: "Just vote Trump and all Republicans out- everything else is a sideshow now. If Randy is racist and you do not like him- don't watch him,"

Exactly.  But there is nothing wrong with expressing yourself and trashing him or defending him if you like.    But lecturing anyone on what they should or shouldn’t say or should or shouldn’t get over.. is stupid.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

TrChSpHa
#251Randy Rainbow
Posted: 10/10/20 at 11:08am

BWAY Baby2 said: "Just vote Trump and all Republicans out- everything else is a sideshow now. If Randy is racist and you do not like him- don't watch him,"

Because voting will help us dismantle white-supremacy and people who benefit like R*ndy Racist and 45, lol.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#252Randy Rainbow
Posted: 10/10/20 at 1:16pm

DAME said:
"Exactly. But there is nothing wrong with expressing yourself and trashing him or defending him if you like. But lecturing anyone on what they should or shouldn’t say or should or shouldn’t get over.. is stupid."

^ Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! ....and we have a winner!

Owen22
#253Randy Rainbow
Posted: 10/10/20 at 3:45pm

joevitus said: "I don't think you know how the term "how the internet works" works."

Oh, I see what you did there! So clever and darling is our Joe...

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#254Randy Rainbow
Posted: 10/10/20 at 10:32pm

Owen22 said: "joevitus said: "I don't think you know how the term "how the internet works" works."

Oh, I see what you did there! So clever and darling is our Joe...

"

I was merely being accurate, but I accept your endearments. 

Updated On: 10/10/20 at 10:32 PM

carnzee
#255Randy Rainbow
Posted: 10/10/20 at 10:51pm

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "What about when gays canceled Anita Bryant for her continued homophobic remarks and activism and thus (arguably...depending on who you ask) costing her a spokesperson spot for Florida Orange Juice? Were they wrong to do so?"

This is a good example of a pre-internet "cancellation." The term "cancel culture" is new but the basic idea is not and will be probably stay with us. Florida Orange Juice didn't want the PR nightmare so they chose not to renew her contract. Same with the companies that fire folks who say racist things on the internet, for example. Obviously, some people will go on about their lives with no consequences. Others aren't so lucky. 

bk
#256Randy Rainbow
Posted: 10/11/20 at 12:55am

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "I think it helps that he has a very niche audience who mostly act, look, and think like him. If he was a bigger star with broader appeal, who knows. It took forever for Woody Allen and Roman Polanski to finally suffer career set backs. Nothing is truly over. Younger people become the dominate voice and they won't tolerate as much as the older generation that let things slide...if Randy Rainbow will still be relevant in the next decade. Most of the time, the way most people cancel is by paying less and then no attention to them and they just fizzle out as they lose relevancy."

Last I looked, both Mr. Allen and Mr. Polanski are still making movies.  And why would Mr. Allen have to suffer anything let alone a career setback.  Because you "assume" he's guilty of something?  He has never been found guilty of anything, never been arrested, never been charged, there are no damning tweets you can dredge up, nothing you can point to other than an accusation of which he was found completely innocent many years ago.  Mr. Allen still has many, many fans the world over who love him and love his films.  You may fantasize that he's no longer relevant, but thankfully you don't speak for anyone but yourself.