Lea Salonga PBS

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#1Lea Salonga PBS
Posted: 11/28/20 at 7:22pm

How awesome was that! My favorite number was Meadowlark. All of the arrangements were stunning.

In NYC there is another showing 9:30PM this Sunday 11/29 on channel 13.

Updated On: 11/28/20 at 07:22 PM

BwayLB
#2Lea Salonga PBS
Posted: 11/28/20 at 9:15pm

My favorite highlights were Reflection, This Is Me and the Barbara Cook medley. But I wanted to see I Want It That Way too!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3Lea Salonga PBS
Posted: 11/29/20 at 3:53pm

That was really fun — especially with the guy Abraham from the audience. It felt so short that I wonder how much longer than actual concert was, though!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

SmoothLover
#4Lea Salonga PBS
Posted: 11/29/20 at 5:28pm

There is a cd available.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#5Lea Salonga PBS
Posted: 11/29/20 at 6:59pm

LizzieCurry said: "That was really fun — especially with the guy Abraham from the audience. It felt so short that Iwonder how much longer than actual concert was, though!"

This is the full setlist of the Sydney shows, taken from the live album's track listing. Looks like they used a a different recording of "A Whole New World," with a professional singer.

1. Overture
2. Feeling Good
3. Out There
4. Reflection
5. The Human Heart
6. Will He Like Me?/Vanilla Ice Cream /Till There Was You
7. Journey to the Past
8. Why God Why?
9. Meadowlark
10. Children Will Listen
11. Drops of Jupiter
12. Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
13. A Whole New World (featuring Mat Verevis)
14. This Is Me
15. On My Own
16. Boy Band Medley

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#6Lea Salonga PBS
Posted: 11/29/20 at 9:18pm

Cool, thanks!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#7Lea Salonga PBS
Posted: 11/30/20 at 4:22am

Mat Verevis was a former contestant on 'The Voice' in Australia and now does musical theatre in Australia.  He played Barry Mann in the Australian production of 'Beautiful: The Carole King Musical'.  He was Lea's male back-up singer on this tour and he sang 'A Whole New World' with Lea on the Saturday matinee show, which is the one featured on the live album.  The guy from the PBS recording is the one Lea picked from the audience on Friday night, opening night.  I actually went to both shows.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#8Lea Salonga PBS
Posted: 11/30/20 at 8:01am

I am listening to the CD and watching the songs performed live on YouTube right now from this concert, and WOW. Lea Salonga is one of those singers who arguably has one of the most gorgeous voices on earth. She makes everything sound so effortless. 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#9Lea Salonga PBS
Posted: 11/30/20 at 3:34pm

Every time I see her and listen to her, I'm STUNNED that she still sounds so incredible. Whatever care she is taking of her voice pays off immensely. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#10Lea Salonga PBS
Posted: 11/30/20 at 4:22pm

The quality of her voice has remained at the highest level for decades. When she sings her own songs, she still sounds exactly like she did when she first sang them, which is why I actually prefer it when she performs covers and songs from other musicals. I always love to see what her voice can do with them. This was one of my favorites from 54 Below and some of last year's concerts:

SmoothLover
#11Lea Salonga PBS
Posted: 11/30/20 at 5:40pm

The quality of her voice is so incredible and it seems like she has perfect pitch. Her voice is so easy to listen to, gorgeous and full of emotion. She makes it look so effortless. 

Updated On: 12/1/20 at 05:40 PM

Videos