News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre
Posted: 2/26/21 at 3:57pm

Not gonna lie, got emotional watching this. Hoping theatre in the United States, as well as everywhere else around the globe, can reach this level of normalcy soon.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre
Posted: 2/26/21 at 5:53pm

Nice video. I am hoping most of the Broadway shows that reopen will livestream their first curtain call back, they will all be incredibly special moments that I'm sure will be followed by moving speeches. 

Back to HP, is this production still being presented in two parts down under?

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 2/26/21 at 05:53 PM

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#3Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre
Posted: 2/26/21 at 9:27pm

That video really got me and made me cry because I miss being in a theater and being in an audience so much. I can't wait for the magic to return to not only Cursed Child productions but Broadway, tours, etc soon. 

Jordan - According to their website/Ticketmaster - https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/harrypotter?_ga=2.211718229.1912185512.1614392652-1484887337.1614392652 - yes, the show is still being presented in two parts. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ClumsyDude15
#4Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre
Posted: 2/26/21 at 10:15pm

I found a video from the company that owns the theater where Cursed Child is playing in Melbourne explaining their Covid policies and it's pretty impressive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gtyyRBYkaU&feature=youtu.be

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 2/26/21 at 10:15 PM

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#5Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre
Posted: 2/28/21 at 2:01pm

Come From Away has been playing at the Comedy Theatre since January, Sydney had Pippin in November , Frozen began as well. Brisbane had Shrek from January, with little hiccups here and there Australia has had films playing in most parts of the country since May last year ( a lot of it not really worth watching ) 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#6Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre
Posted: 2/28/21 at 2:04pm

Forgot to add a concert version of Chess has sold out four performances in April in Melbourne , Moulin Rouge opens in Melbourne in August, Sydney , Brisbane , Adelaide , Perth theatre companies up and running, Melbourne theatre company in limited performances ( full season kicks off in May. Opera Australia performing as well . 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#7Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre
Posted: 2/28/21 at 2:33pm

That was wonderful to see, can't wait until it happens on Broadway. I haven't really been following Australia's reopening, is it full audiences? Masks?

EDIT: I watched more of the clip and looks like it is full capacity, couldn't see if masks were one or not. Anyone know?

Updated On: 2/28/21 at 02:33 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#8Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre
Posted: 2/28/21 at 2:34pm

Masks, no stage door, exiting by aisle by aisle, 85% capacity (in some venues).

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/27/theater/australia-theater-reopens-coronavirus.html

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ClumsyDude15
#9Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre
Posted: 2/28/21 at 11:18pm

Mr. Wormwood - The photos they took during the video were posted to Instagram and you can see the audience and the capacity of the theater: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLxVfpvHTv-/?igshid=hhrfrui2g4j2

manular2
#10Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Melbourne - The lights are back on at the Princess Theatre
Posted: 3/1/21 at 4:44am

Call_me_jorge said: "Not gonna lie, got emotional watching this. Hoping theatrein the United States, as well as everywhere else around the globe, can reach this level of normalcy soon."

Awesome video. I'm hoping most of the Broadway shows that reopen will livestream their first curtain call back.

Videos