Amour

another sloe eyed vamp Profile Photo
another sloe eyed vamp
#1Amour
Posted: 4/3/21 at 11:59am

I watched the "virtual revival" of Amour last night. It had 5 or 6 songs that aren't on the Broadway recording, and some different lyrics from the ones I know. Anyone know anything about this version?

Alessio2
#2Amour
Posted: 4/3/21 at 5:36pm

how was it?? I really wanted to watch this, but the preview turned me off

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#3Amour
Posted: 4/3/21 at 8:33pm

Watching it now. Love the cast. Hate the grainy Playstation backgrounds. The extra songs are in the published libretto but I don't miss them on the cast album.

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

another sloe eyed vamp Profile Photo
another sloe eyed vamp
#4Amour
Posted: 4/3/21 at 10:02pm

I enjoyed it, but if the preview put you off, it's hard to see that you'd like the rest. 

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#5Amour
Posted: 4/3/21 at 10:47pm

For me, I watched a snippet of the preview video and disliked it, but I actually enjoyed watching the full show. The virtual approach seemed a bit awkward at first, but either I got used to it, or the use of virtual staging techniques got cleverer as the show went on.

VintageSnarker
#6Amour
Posted: 4/3/21 at 11:09pm

Aside from Rachel York, I wasn't drawn to anything in the preview. I don't understand what other people see in this score. I like Michel Legrand's work, just not Amour.

Alessio2
#7Amour
Posted: 4/4/21 at 12:36am

MrsSallyAdams said: "Watching it now. Love the cast. Hate the grainy Playstation backgrounds. The extra songs are in the published libretto but I don't miss them on the cast album."

That’s exactly what made me not want to watch. Those horrible digital sets. Surely with technology today something a little better could have been created 

FranklinDickson2018
#8Amour
Posted: 4/4/21 at 1:46pm

I adored this .  Actually had me reaching for the tissues at the end.  I found the music to be impeccably sung, and for the most part the production values are very good.  I have watched 3 virtual shows so far "Meet Me in St. Louis", "Mystery of Edwin Drood" and now "Amour"  I have enjoyed them so much and it is interesting to see how the technology has developed with each one.  I found "Amour" to be the most advanced so far --- and who knows the next time a show is virtual --- it will be even better.  I liked how they called it a "virtual revival."   Drew Gehling was amazing and I also enjoyed Adam Pascal.   The entire cast was strong. I wish I could see it again.  Hoping it will become an "on demand" item.