Drag Race Holland Season 2

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#1Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 7/27/21 at 9:46am

Guess who's back in the house? Meet your Season 2 queens of Drag Race Holland, premiering August 6th on WOW Presents Plus worldwide (excluding the Netherlands) and on Videoland exclusively in the Netherlands!

Drag Race Holland Season 2 Queen Reveal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN2-iUabQps

I thought we would have a little break in between different versions.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 7/27/21 at 12:19pm

There will never be a break again. And doesn’t Canada start in a few weeks, also?

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/6/21 at 1:20pm

All I can say is I am glad the first episode is over. I can't recall on any Drag Race a talent show as bad as this one. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Several good queens but at this point going with Puny for the win.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Jordan Catalano
#4Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/6/21 at 6:31pm

I think i like the queens this season. Love how they brought last seasons girls back - I was hoping they’d ask Sedergine to stay and join this season.

But that talent show, I don’t even know how to judge that. Each girl got what, like 30 seconds? I can’t say anyone was bad really because they didn’t even have enough time to “be” bad. It was all so pointless, I guess.

But there’s some real talent there and i just hope the challenges get better.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#5Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/12/21 at 11:52am

I did enjoy seeing the season 1 queens back if only to further illustrate how Abby OMG should never have gotten as far as she did. That outfit was straight off the rack at the Dutch equivalent of Rainbow. CHEAP!

Really enjoying the new queens this season. That first runway was everything! I don't think there's every been so many in their 30's-40's. It was interesting to have the discussion about a trans woman's place in the competition and having a queen in her late 40's would definitely have differing opinions than younger queens.

Keta, Puny and Vivaldi are the tops for me. I will say that Keta Minaj has a very similar name to Kita Mean but much better drag imo.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#6Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/13/21 at 11:29pm

I'm digging it so far. I just really enjoy Fred as a host/judge. He seems like he's having fun and seems to really support the queens. 

But is his co-host different this season? (His "Michelle?"Drag Race Holland Season 2 I'm getting it mixed in my mind with the Espana lady, so I can't remember. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#7Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/15/21 at 11:55am

RippedMan said: "I'm digging it so far. I just really enjoy Fred as a host/judge. He seems like he's having fun and seems to really support the queens.

But is his co-host different this season? (His "Michelle?"Drag Race Holland Season 2 I'm getting it mixed in my mind with the Espana lady, so I can't remember.
"

I was trying to figure it out as well and thought I was confusing Holland with Spain. Fred's friend last year was Nikkie Plessen

I have loved Fred in both series and I wish they would get rid of all the pre taped Ru bits and just let Fred announce it instead.

ClydeBarrow
#8Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/20/21 at 4:43pm

Thought this was another great episode (even if I didn't know most of the Snatch Game characters). Sophie Anderson was a great choice and this was so much better executed than Ilona as Rebecca More. I didn't think Vivaldi did anything memorable but she was the judge from last season so...I guess she wins? While Cardi B was a trainwreck (Ivy must have only ever heard WAP), nothing can compare to possibly the all time worst...Grace Jones. Talk about having only ever heard one joke. At least Ivy said different lines from WAP instead of just constantly singing "slave to the rhythm." 

Obviously Love Masisi was not built for this competition or television, quite frankly. She seemed nice enough but there was too much baggage for her to ever succeed. I thought her runway was great but it wasn't drag so much as it was a mask. Oddly enough that's when she finally seemed to come alive and shine. She was definitely better in the lip sync but Fred knew she was done. Ivy is showing to be just as talentless as her Mermaid Mansion sisters (mothers?). 

Side note: Did it sound like Celine was being played through a boombox? It seemed very faint and tinny. 

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Jordan Catalano
#9Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/20/21 at 7:04pm

Loved the episode. The right Queen went home this week because like said above, that Snatch Game was by far the worst in the shows history. But that lipsync was also the WEIRDEST thing I’ve ever seen in 75 seasons of Drag Race. I must have watched it ten times. And yeah - it sounds like they were holding up an iPhone to play the song.

SouthernCakes
#10Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/20/21 at 11:24pm

Right?? I’m like THIS is drag race. A gremlin lip syncing to Celine. I thought she had the better lip sync but really didn’t get the win. Like was she even funny? Was it a culture thing? I didn’t find her funny and her face was lifeless. Cock destroyer was great though.

Jordan Catalano
#11Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/20/21 at 11:32pm

I really feel like American Drag Race is just dead. So overproduced and consistently terrible and it’s these international versions that, while I’m sure I’m time will get there but haven’t yet, are the interesting ones to watch.

I want more female gremlin singing to EVERYONE. If they can put a Queen in a pickle costume in every ep, they can certainly have Gremlin in them, too.

SouthernCakes
#12Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/27/21 at 11:40pm

I thought this was super well done and produced! And the one judge is in a Diana Musical?! Is it the same one on Broadway?

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#13Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/28/21 at 9:32am

SouthernCakes said: "I thought this was super well done and produced! And the one judge is in a Diana Musical?! Is it the same one on Broadway?"

Even the lip-sync?

As far as Freek Bartels in the Diana musical here is more information. It is a different musical.

https://www.tellerreport.com/life/2021-04-09-freek-bartels-plays-prince-harry-in-the-musical-diana--amp%3B-zonen.ByaQqD6r_.html

Updated On: 8/28/21 at 09:32 AM

SouthernCakes
#14Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/28/21 at 3:51pm

The lip sync was awful and glad Fred said so.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#15Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/28/21 at 4:33pm

SouthernCakes said: "The lip sync was awful and glad Fred said so."

It would have been great if he pulled a RuPaul and eliminated both of them.

I'm still sticking with Puny for the win.

ClydeBarrow
#16Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/29/21 at 5:34pm

It feels like they put all of the effort into the international Rusicals and the American ones are just phoned in. Although I felt it went on a little too long I found the whole thing really enjoyable and funny. Maybe the mothership should look into hiring some of these people to inject some life into the proceedings. They could also use to include the vulgarity that US audiences seem to be afraid of.

Another area where this series excels is in the judging. A runway of statements would probably be met with the judges blubbering and acting for an Emmy. In Holland they'll tell you like it is. You don't look like the coronavirus, you look like a crab. "Breaking boundaries" is also not really a statement and it wasn't helped by that flimsy frame she ripped apart to reveal...some gossamer dress. I was kind of shocked that Vanessa ended up in the bottom 3 because her performance was fine in the Rusical. While her dress was very been there, done that I thought they styling looked good.

That lip sync was torturous, especially after having to suffer through an OK battle of the same song last week. At least Fred called it out and sent the queen home based on overall track record. If it was solely on the lip sync I probably would have sent The Countess home. I will say though that it's probably hard for the queens to relate to English songs especially ones rooted in a culture that I doubt is too prevalent in Holland. That's why I think Ivy did a slightly better job because she speaks the most English of the cast from what I can tell. Not sad to see her leave though.

Jordan Catalano
#17Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/29/21 at 5:39pm

Yeah the judging is great. American audiences which it seems are primarily made up of trigger-prone teens now don’t like anyone being judged or critiqued and EVERYONE is robbed and everything is unfair and they’re just catering to that way too much.

Drag is like Times Square. It used to be dangerous and exciting. Now it’s Disneyland and “family friendly”.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#18Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 8/30/21 at 9:50am

I think that's a totally fair comparison. Love me some Nina West, but she's def taken. it and made it more kid-friendly, which is fine, but I do miss some of the crass jokes, etc. Very curious to see how Season 14 of US drag goes. It's interesting that all the UK seasons have had "hits" with their girl group challenges. And yet the US versions are just awful. "Show up Queen?" Ew. "Lucky?" Nope. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#19Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 9/11/21 at 11:14am

Most drama in any series in quite sometime.

Not sure what happened in post production but the sound was all over the place.

I didn't agree with the outcome. There should be immediate disqualification if you break the rules you signed in your contract.

Jordan Catalano
#20Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 9/11/21 at 7:22pm

That elimination was bullsh*t. Unless they kept her just to hopefully stir up more drama she should have gone home immediately. Rules are rules except when they’re not?

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#21Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 9/11/21 at 10:47pm

Here's the rub, it was not her just having a phone. Countless Queens have done it before. Notably, PhiPhi on S4 which was why she was so cool with giving away her phone call to Chad. It's because she was in contact with a designer who was bringing her in clothes. Don't ask me how she accomplished it, but it is what it is...

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#22Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 9/11/21 at 11:08pm

But if it wasn't her just having a phone, then what? I mean, they said on the episode she did wigs for queens last season and even Fred. 

For me, I don't like Vanessa. She comes off as someone who can trash it, but can't take it, and it's very annoying. Like she trash talks so much, but you say one wrong word about her and she comes for you. It's not my thing. Like I'm not a Vivaldi stan, but what she said wasn't wrong. Like girl, just believe in yourself. You're fine. And then for Vanessa to just throw it all out there. I don't know. That just felt gross to me. And Vanessa has yet to live up to how she presents herself. I mean, you're worried about your hairline? Wear a wig. You're a drag queen. 

Jordan Catalano
#23Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 9/11/21 at 11:34pm

THANK YOU. Even though Vivaldi (sp?) was in the wrong this episode, it was Vanessa who just REALLY irked me and made me dislike her.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#24Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 9/12/21 at 12:55pm

RippedMan said: "But if it wasn't her just having a phone, then what? I mean, they said on the episode she did wigs for queens last season and even Fred."

So it's favoritism. Here's the thing, what Vanessa did was catty and petty absolutely but if she knew this **** production knew this ****. The only way there would have been any resolution is if she aired it on camera. And the fact that it wasn't ACTUALLY delt with is suspect as ****. I know people above were talking about how Holland isn't as produced the US Seasons and I have to ask... Bitch where? 

You know who Fred's makeup last season? Oh wow... The Countess. The same person who was nothing but a walking mannequin with no personality and given excuse after excuse even and after being told her lip synch sucked was still kept. Telling Masisi she "gave up" before the lip synch even began despite performing her ass off in full Gremlin drag!

Jordan Catalano
#25Drag Race Holland Season 2
Posted: 9/12/21 at 1:22pm

They just need to bring back Merle and Santino and hit “reset” on the franchise.

Videos