R.I.P. Norm McDonald

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1R.I.P. Norm McDonald
Posted: 9/14/21 at 3:04pm

McDonald was one of the best of the early days of SNL. He died after a 9 year battle with cancer.It was not listed the type of cancer he succumbed to

He was 61.His deadpan sarcastic humor was a highlight of the news segment He will be missed

Poster Emeritus

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#2R.I.P. Norm McDonald
Posted: 9/14/21 at 4:44pm

Truly sad. The fact that he did his cancer battle, so that audiences could focus on the jokes, shows the respect he gave to his comedy.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Alex Kulak2
#3R.I.P. Norm McDonald
Posted: 9/14/21 at 11:10pm

Seeing this today gutted me. I grew up watching his SNL skits with my Dad.

To quote Norm: "I'm pretty sure when you die, the cancer dies at the same time. That's not a loss, that's a draw."

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#4R.I.P. Norm McDonald
Posted: 9/15/21 at 9:43am

He was not afraid to say what a lot of us were thinking. This clip of him at the ESPYS is priceless.

barcelona20
#5R.I.P. Norm McDonald
Posted: 9/15/21 at 11:17am

It's certainly sad, but why is this post on the Broadway Message Board?

Alex Kulak2
#6R.I.P. Norm McDonald
Posted: 9/15/21 at 11:27am

barcelona20 said: "It's certainly sad, but why is this post on theBroadway Message Board?"

SNL is theater-adjacent, I think.

barcelona20
#7R.I.P. Norm McDonald
Posted: 9/15/21 at 12:12pm

Alex Kulak2 said: "barcelona20 said: "It's certainly sad, but why is this post on theBroadway Message Board?"

SNL is theater-adjacent, I think.
"

LOL, right..... Maybe if it was Mulaney who actually performed musical songs on the show.  This one makes no sense to me.

Videos