pixeltracker

West End Spring Show Annoucments?

West End Spring Show Annoucments?

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#1West End Spring Show Annoucments?
Posted: 11/19/21 at 1:34am

Do people think there will be more shows announced for the spring in West End?

Im going the last week of April so hoping more shows announce.  I’ve see all of the shows from NY, which seem like a large percentage of what will be playing.  

Updated On: 11/19/21 at 01:34 AM

Owen22
#2West End Spring Show Annoucments?
Posted: 11/19/21 at 6:06am

Some off West End and Fringe theatres ((where the really interesying plays and musicals happen) announce within five or six weeks prior to opening!

But yes, besides Cock, Glass Menagerie  and My Fair Lady, thete will be much more announced within the next four to five months.

JasonC3
#3West End Spring Show Annoucments?
Posted: 11/19/21 at 6:15am

In case you aren't aware of it, I find this site to be pretty decent for listings:

https://www.londontheatre.co.uk/whats-on/calendar/apr

TheatreMonkey also is good for seating advice and more:

https://www.theatremonkey.com/

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4West End Spring Show Annoucments?
Posted: 11/19/21 at 9:44am

I always leave a few slots open until about a month before I head over in case of last minute new announcements.

52889j
#5West End Spring Show Annoucments?
Posted: 11/19/21 at 11:27am

Between Glass Menagerie, Cock, Prima Facie, Jerusalem, Straight Line Crazy, Cabaret, and at least two trips to Burnt City, my dance card for my potential spring trip is filling up very quickly.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#6West End Spring Show Annoucments?
Posted: 11/19/21 at 1:15pm

I was really hoping that the production of The Pillowman that was supposed to happen last year would happen in the spring of 2022, but nothing yet.  The website still says it's coming in 2021.

In looking at what's scheduled right now, I think there are only a few theaters that don't have a spring show- Arts, Theatre Royal Haymarket and the Wyndham's. Maybe the Garrick as well. Potentially the Criterion too if Pride and Prejudice* doesn't extend further.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#7West End Spring Show Annoucments?
Posted: 11/19/21 at 9:27pm

frogs_fan85 said: "In looking at what's scheduled right now, I think there are only a few theaters that don't have a spring show- Arts, Theatre Royal Haymarket and the Wyndham's. Maybe the Garrick as well. Potentially the Criterion too if Pride and Prejudice* doesn't extend further."

I'd expect Only Fools and Horses to extend again at Haymarket - it's doing good business. Likewise the producers of Life of Pi have already said they have intentions to extend at the Wyndham's.

I think we are likely to see a fair few of the current open-ended runs to wrap up towards the end of summer next year ready for some new productions for autumn.

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#8West End Spring Show Annoucments?
Posted: 11/23/21 at 12:02am

Thanks everyone.  Already have tickets for Cabaret, Prima Facie, & Juliet.  Planning on catching Cinderella as well and interested in Ocean at the end of the Lane.  

excited to see what else may pop up! 

Is back to the future any good? 

BIG BALONEY Profile Photo
BIG BALONEY
#9West End Spring Show Annoucments?
Posted: 11/23/21 at 5:55pm

Seeing Straight Line Crazy at the Bridge Theatre starring Ralph Fiennes in May. I had to get a 25 £ ticket now because by then those front row side seats will be gone. Also Gunpowder Plot in the Tower Vaults near the Bridge theatre is starting in May.