pixeltracker

"Kimberly Akimbo" cancels 12/19, Non-COVID

"Kimberly Akimbo" cancels 12/19, Non-COVID

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#1"Kimberly Akimbo" cancels 12/19, Non-COVID
Posted: 12/19/21 at 10:00pm

Posted as an FYI without commentary or judgment:

I arrived at the theater 45 minutes before the matinee curtain and was told that the decision had been made *miutes* previously to cancel both 12/19 shows "due to an abundance of caution." The box office staff member reported that no cast or crew tested positive for COVID-19 or had called out, but that a couple cast members were feeling "slightly under-the-weather." I had tried calling the box office 1.5 hours before curtain in an attempt to confirm that the show would still go on today, but the phone kept ringing with no answer or option to leave a voicemail. 

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#2"Kimberly Akimbo" cancels 12/19, Non-COVID
Posted: 12/19/21 at 11:02pm

I was going to the evening performance and received my email just before 1, I think. I also called the theater to confirm around 1:45ish (I hadn't seen the email yet) and spoke to a very nice person who redirected me to email! Glad that they're taking this precaution and hope none of the under the weather actors test positive in the next few days!

JSquared2
#3"Kimberly Akimbo" cancels 12/19, Non-COVID
Posted: 12/20/21 at 12:09pm

bwayboy22 said: "I was going to the evening performance and received my email just before 1, I think. I also called the theater to confirm around 1:45ish (I hadn't seen the email yet) and spoke to a very nice person who redirected me to email! Glad that they're taking this precaution and hope none of the under the weather actors test positive in the next few days!"

If you received the e-mail, why did you also call them?  Did you think the e-mail was a prank??

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#4"Kimberly Akimbo" cancels 12/19, Non-COVID
Posted: 12/20/21 at 1:44pm

JSquared2 said: "bwayboy22 said: "I was going to the evening performance and received my email just before 1, I think. I also called the theater to confirm around 1:45ish (I hadn't seen the email yet) and spoke to a very nice person who redirected me to email! Glad that they're taking this precaution and hope none of the under the weather actors test positive in the next few days!"

If you received the e-mail, why did you also call them? Did you think the e-mail was a prank??

"

Maybe if you worked on your reading comprehension skills you would understand that even though I received the email before 1, I didn’t see it until after I made the phone call. 

JSquared2
#5"Kimberly Akimbo" cancels 12/19, Non-COVID
Posted: 12/20/21 at 1:47pm

bwayboy22 said: "JSquared2 said: "bwayboy22 said: "I was going to the evening performance and received my email just before 1, I think. I also called the theater to confirm around 1:45ish (I hadn't seen the email yet) and spoke to a very nice person who redirected me to email! Glad that they're taking this precaution and hope none of the under the weather actors test positive in the next few days!"

If you received the e-mail, why did you also call them? Did you think the e-mail was a prank??

"

Maybe if you worked on your reading comprehension skills you would understand that even though I received the email before 1, I didn’t see it until after I made the phone call.

You may want to work on your writing skills then -- because that ain't what ya wrote!  Merry Christmas!

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#6"Kimberly Akimbo" cancels 12/19, Non-COVID
Posted: 12/20/21 at 2:27pm

“I hadn’t seen the email yet” couldn’t be clearer, but ok. Happy Holidays!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Posted: 12/20/21 at 3:13pm

It was crystal to everyone else. Trust.   

Hahaha hahaha. LOVE IT. 

"

Updated On: 12/20/21 at 03:13 PM

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#8"Kimberly Akimbo" cancels 12/19, Non-COVID
Posted: 12/22/21 at 9:44am

FWIW, I saw the show last night and Olivia Elease Hardy was out. Skye Alyssa Friedman went on her place. It was pretty seamless as far as I could tell. I didn't look at the program very much before the show, but I did notice the understudy slip. So I actually spent a lot of act 1 trying to figure out which of the 2 young women was an understudy, because they were both so solid.