pixeltracker

Ticketmaster no longer has phone service ?

Dollypop
#1Ticketmaster no longer has phone service ?
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:04pm

I very rarely buy tickets through Ticketmaster. In most cases I buy my theater tickets right at the box office but my granddaughter's class trip to NYC has finally solidified their plans and they will be seeing WICKED this Thursday. As that's her Birthday, I'll be surprising her with her gift in the lobby and then seeing the show. We can get together again at intermission.

Normally I call Ticketmaster and quickly purchase my tickets and have a nice conversation with the agent on the phone. None of the phone numbers seem to be working or refer me to the website where they want me to start an account and require a password. Yadda. yadda, yadda.

I'll get into the city earlier that day  a d try my luck at the box office in person..

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#2Ticketmaster no longer has phone service ?
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:07pm

This Thursday night's show is very well sold, so I don't think waiting until then is a good idea. Just go online and buy them.

Updated On: 3/12/22 at 12:07 PM

Dollypop
#3Ticketmaster no longer has phone service ?
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:21pm

TaffyDavenport said: "This Thursday night's show is very well sold, so I don't think waiting until then is a good idea. Just go online and buy them.

singles are usually available
"

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#4Ticketmaster no longer has phone service ?
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:24pm

Sorry, I misread. She's already going, and you're just buying a seat for yourself. I think their phone sales have been down since COVID began.

Updated On: 3/12/22 at 12:24 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Ticketmaster no longer has phone service ?
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:26pm

I had an issue for a few months and was never able to get anyone on the phone. I emailed and emailed and never heard anything back, either. Finally the other week I tried again and they emailed me right back and took care of it. But i think you can only reach someone via email now. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#6Ticketmaster no longer has phone service ?
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:28pm

If you're able, go to the box office over the weekend and just buy them there. If you can't, maybe you will get an email but it will take them days to respond. I doubt they are back in their office, so you wouldn't be getting anyone. Good luck. 

Updated On: 3/12/22 at 12:28 PM

Dollypop
#7Ticketmaster no longer has phone service ?
Posted: 3/12/22 at 5:53pm

By train, it's a 90 minute ride from my town to Times Square.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#8Ticketmaster no longer has phone service ?
Posted: 3/12/22 at 5:58pm

Ticketmaster is a nightmare.

@z5
#9Ticketmaster no longer has phone service ?
Posted: 3/12/22 at 6:04pm

they don't allow you to purchase over the phone.....just buy them online. 

Regarding custmer service, I've called and been able to speak to them about existing orders. 

Dollypop
#10Ticketmaster no longer has phone service ?
Posted: 3/14/22 at 11:27pm

A former student of mine works near the the Gershwin Theatre and picked up a ticket for me. I'll meet her for coffee on Thursday before getting together with my granddaughter.

It's turning out to be a very special St Patrick's Day.

Videos