pixeltracker

NEW Maury Yeston Musical CLUB MOSCOW To Have Workshop In London This Summer

NEW Maury Yeston Musical CLUB MOSCOW To Have Workshop In London This Summer

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1NEW Maury Yeston Musical CLUB MOSCOW To Have Workshop In London This Summer
Posted: 5/29/22 at 7:16pm

LINK

Interesting topic for a musical right now but obviously he’s been working on it for a lot longer than current events have been ongoing. But also I’m just so excited for a new Maury Yeston musical!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2NEW Maury Yeston Musical CLUB MOSCOW To Have Workshop In London This Summer
Posted: 5/30/22 at 11:17pm

Jordan Catalano said: "LINK

Interesting topic for a musical right now but obviously he’s been working on it for a lot longer than current events have been ongoing. But also I’m just so excited for a new Maury Yeston musical!
"

Me too. I never got to see any of his shows on Broadway but love his scores. I finally got to see one of his shows off_Broadway, "Death Takes A Holiday" and really enjoyed it. I actually sat across from him during the show and had a nice conversation with him before curtain.

Just give the world Love.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#3NEW Maury Yeston Musical CLUB MOSCOW To Have Workshop In London This Summer
Posted: 5/31/22 at 12:08am

Back when I worked at 54 Below I had a full blown convo with him gushing how much I loved Titanic and his song cycles, etc and had no clue it was him. He's a sweetheart. 

I'd love to a small scale revival of Titanic. Such a gorgeous score and I'm excited for this!

That said his Phantom is... not good. 

Owen22
#4NEW Maury Yeston Musical CLUB MOSCOW To Have Workshop In London This Summer
Posted: 5/31/22 at 2:28am

I should be excited by this, but Death Takes a Holiday was so bad...though slightly better in London as it had a much more talented director. Moscow is being workshopped in London so Thom Southerland can direct it. (Along with his superior work on Death, he directed a hit revival of Titanic that continues to tour the UK and almost made it to Broadway.)

Updated On: 5/31/22 at 02:28 AM

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#5NEW Maury Yeston Musical CLUB MOSCOW To Have Workshop In London This Summer
Posted: 2/5/24 at 4:11am

A few song demos and a bit more information about this show is now available here:

https://mauryyeston.com/works/club_moscow