Advice for my trip

cjmclaughlin10
#1Advice for my trip
Posted: 1/18/23 at 8:39am

I will be in town early February (my last visit until July) and am thinking of the following shows 

The Sign in Sidney Brustein’s Window

Without You (I have heard nothing but great things. Does anyone know if there is a rush/lotto option?  Also excited about a Thursday matinee option)

Cornelia Street (super excited for a new Off Broadway musical, but previews are mostly sold out. Does anyone have an extra $25 ticket for Feb 9-12?)

Chicago (I have never seen this production because I figured it would always be there. I love Jinkx, so I am curious to hear how she has affected Rush and if it’s gotten more competitive since her arrival)

Possibility: Phantom. I would love to bask in the genius of Hal Prince one last time

Also, I will be stopping by the Box Office to pick me seats for Sweeney Todd, Fat Ham, A Dolls House, and Prima Facie (have my ticket for Parade already) 

Does anyone think I’m missing anything?   I tend to gravitate to original material and new voices (author, actor, director). If there are any other concerts/events that should be in my radar for Feb 9-12, please enlighten me. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Advice for my trip
Posted: 1/18/23 at 9:17am

cjmclaughlin10 said: "Also, I will be stopping by the Box Office to pick me seats for Sweeney Todd, Fat Ham, A Dolls House, and Prima Facie (have my ticket for Parade already)."

I'm assuming these are for a FUTURE visit (beyond Feb)?

Did you see Kimberly Akimbo?  If not, I'd put it high on your list!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

B212323
#3Advice for my trip
Posted: 1/19/23 at 1:57am

FYI...

Prima Facie runs from early April til end of June. 

A Dolls House starts on 2/13 and ends 6/4

I second adding Kimberly Akimbo to your list and they just extended The Collaboration another week through 2/11. 

cjmclaughlin10
#4Advice for my trip
Posted: 1/19/23 at 7:32am

Anything listed as stopping by the box office would be for performances when I return in July

i completely forgot that a lot of limited runs close in June after Awards season(A Dolls House, Prima Facie) so I might have to look at my calendar and arrange an emergency trip in May to squeeze some stuff in 

saw and enjoyed KA at the Atlantic and then Broadway in December 

Updated On: 1/19/23 at 07:32 AM

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#5Advice for my trip
Posted: 1/19/23 at 6:14pm

If you can find a ticket, see Heather Headley with the NY Pops at Carnegie Hall on Friday 2/10.  

Updated On: 1/19/23 at 06:14 PM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#6Advice for my trip
Posted: 1/19/23 at 6:16pm

*Friday, 2/10.

NoItAll
#7Advice for my trip
Posted: 1/19/23 at 8:50pm

You’re missing what several top-level professional critics would likely say is the greatest individual performance on Broadway at the moment. Hint: Look at next Tuesday's Broadway Grosses data for the highest average ticket price (one can only imagine what it might be if anyone actually liked the star and there were a decent orchestra) and google the show’s name followed by “review.” Also, there are bootleg videos on YouTube and a cast album if you prefer the sterile perfection of the studio.

Bon voyage. Bon spectacle.

Caveat: the show itself is out-dated and the production is mediocre.

Updated On: 1/19/23 at 08:50 PM

cjmclaughlin10
#8Advice for my trip
Posted: 1/19/23 at 8:58pm

Saw it in December (and it was the best performance I have seen since I saw Sutton in Millie as a kid)