Summer 1976

sarge3
#1Summer 1976
Posted: 2/20/23 at 4:34pm

Does anyone have more information about the story line?  I love the cast, but If i am going to spend that kind of money, I just wish I knew more about the plot.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#2Summer 1976
Posted: 2/20/23 at 4:57pm

Other than the information available on the show's page?

This deeply moving, insightful piece is about connection, memories, and the small moments that can change the course of our lives. Over one fateful summer, an unlikely friendship develops between Diana (Linney), a fiercely iconoclastic artist and single mom, and Alice (Hecht), a free-spirited yet naive young housewife. As the Bicentennial is celebrated across the country, these two young women in Ohio navigate motherhood, ambition, and intimacy, and help each other discover their own independence.

It's a new play, so information about it will be limited until they're in performances.

And about "spending that kind of money" - the show is playing Manhattan Theatre Club, which is a non-profit org, and tickets will almost assuredly be available at affordable prices via discounts and services like TKTS and TDF. You'll likely be able to see this show for less than $50.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Summer 1976
Posted: 2/20/23 at 5:35pm

$50 is a lot of money to a lot of people. 

amiyagi
#4Summer 1976
Posted: 2/20/23 at 7:07pm

Did anyone get an offer for $30 under 35 for this? Not sure if it hasn't been offered or I missed the email

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#5Summer 1976
Posted: 2/20/23 at 10:00pm

Jordan Catalano said: "$50 is a lot of money to a lot of people."

I didn't mean to imply it wasn't; I inferred their statement about "these kinds of prices" to be the face-value tickets that start at $69.

Hopefully, my point is untarnished, which was: once the show plays a show or two, there will be more information about what the show is about, if it's worth seeing, etc. right here on this message board, and there undoubtedly will be discounted tickets available, should op choose to attend based on that information.

chrishuyen
#6Summer 1976
Posted: 2/21/23 at 1:32am

amiyagi said: "Did anyone get an offer for $30 under 35 for this? Not sure if it hasn't been offered or I missed the email"

I don't think the email has gone out yet.  Looking at my past emails, it looks like it usually comes out 1-2 weeks before performances start.

BoringBoredBoard40
#7Summer 1976
Posted: 2/21/23 at 2:53am

Really wish King James was taking this slot instead in MTC Broadway schedule

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#8Summer 1976
Posted: 2/23/23 at 5:38am

KING JAMES was excellent - not to take away anything from this show

Videos