News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?

Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?

gibsons2
#1Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 4:04pm

Please help me choose: Peter Pan or The Sign? I'll be in Time square area next weekend and will have time for a Saturday matinee.

I know both plays couldn't be more different (and cast doesn't particularly matter to me), but which one is more urgent to see? 

Thanks!

Robbie516
#2Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 4:14pm

Both completely different shows…

perfectpenguin
#3Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 4:49pm

Shucked so you can understand the jokes in the joke thread! 

But to answer your question, Peter Pan Goes Wrong. 

yyys
#4Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 5:29pm

The Sign in Sidney is too long and they should've cut the gay character from the play.

However, Oscar Isaac is worth the price of admission.... :)

Updated On: 4/18/23 at 05:29 PM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#5Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 5:55pm

I haven't seen Peter Pan, and I thought Sidney Brustein's was a mixed bag with some great performances, but a great playwright's rarely-produced work on Broadway with A-list leads is more "urgent" viewing, in my opinion. It quite literally might be the only time you'll ever have the opportunity to see it performed.

Updated On: 4/18/23 at 05:55 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#6Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 6:02pm

gibsons2 said: "Please help me choose: Peter Pan or The Sign? I'll be in Time square area next weekend and will have time for a Saturday matinee.

I know both plays couldn't be more different (and cast doesn't particularly matter to me), but which one is more urgent to see?

Thanks!
"

When I saw Peter Pan goes wrong two weekends ago, I’d say 25-30% of audience were kids. Not sure if that is a factor in your decision. 
Neil Patrick Harris is only in Peter Pan until April 30th:

gibsons2
#7Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 8:43pm

TaffyDavenport said: "I haven't seen Peter Pan, and I thought Sidney Brustein's was a mixed bag with some great performances, but a great playwright's rarely-produced work on Broadway with A-list leads is more "urgent" viewing, in my opinion. It quite literally might be the only time you'll ever have the opportunity to see it performed."

Thank you, Taffy. 

gibsons2
#8Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 8:45pm

perfectpenguin said: "Shucked so you can understand the jokes in the joke thread!

But to answer your question, Peter Pan Goes Wrong.
"

If I ever was going to consider seeing Shucked, that joke thread solidified my decision to skip it... Peter Pan looks really fun on the other hand. Thank you!

chrishuyen
#9Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 9:32pm

Would definitely agree about Sidney Brustein being more urgent.  Peter Pan is fun but of the same ilk as The Play That Goes Wrong and all of the other variants, which I'm sure will continue popping up here and there, while it's unlikely that we'll see such as major a production of Sidney Brustein again (at least not for a while).  I definitely enjoyed Peter Pan more, but seeing Sidney Brustein felt more generally fulfilling.

BIG BALONEY Profile Photo
BIG BALONEY
#10Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 11:14pm

Peter Pan Goes Wtong I just watched on YouTube tonight. It was taped 2016 I believe in London.  It's available with a few commercials.  I honestly didn't care for the play and found it painful to watch at times. The incidents throughout were to many to actually laugh at.

JoeW4 Profile Photo
JoeW4
#11Peter Pan Goes Wrong or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's window?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 11:35pm

I agree with the points in favor of Sidney Brustein. Even if you end up having mixed-to-negative feelings about it, at least you'll have taken advantage of a rare opportunity, and seen something with substance.

I don't knock Peter Pan Goes Wrong for being insubstantial, btw - that's part of its fun. And if you're looking for "just a fun time," Peter Pan Goes Wrong is a great option. But based on the way you framed the question, it doesn't sound like that's the case.

Videos