pixeltracker

Downsizing & Looking for Info Regarding Selling Windowcards

Downsizing & Looking for Info Regarding Selling Windowcards

kevinr
#1Downsizing & Looking for Info Regarding Selling Windowcards
Posted: 8/30/23 at 11:56am

I'm downsizing and have many windowcards (many autographed by cast members) that I am looking to part with.  I am wondering if anyone has experience selling windowcards or suggestions of where I can do this. I am not looking to post them on ebay.  

Theatrefanboy1
#2Downsizing & Looking for Info Regarding Selling Windowcards
Posted: 8/30/23 at 11:59am

I’m curious.  May I ask what posters you have signed and by who?

Musigamist
#3Downsizing & Looking for Info Regarding Selling Windowcards
Posted: 8/30/23 at 12:14pm

You could post them over on the Broadway Window Card Collectors Facebook group; quite a few people buy/sell over there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/654689764637807/

BorisTomashevsky
#4Downsizing & Looking for Info Regarding Selling Windowcards
Posted: 8/30/23 at 12:19pm

Ebay really is the best platform for doing what you’re looking to do.

Failing that, the Facebook group mentioned above may have some people who are interested. However, signatures can tend to de-value a poster among serious collectors - who often are more interested in the art of the poster than the autograph of the person who starred in it.

What are the approximate decades of the shows you have posters for? That will increase/decrease their potential to be sold as well. 

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#5Downsizing & Looking for Info Regarding Selling Windowcards
Posted: 8/30/23 at 1:25pm

If you have the time and energy. I'd recommend trying to sell them locally-post in local selling groups and theatre communities. Packing and shipping window cards is a huge hassle. Ebay will take a cut of anything you make and the shipping may make it cost prohibitive. You have to guarantee the seller receives it unscathed. 

Even if you have a yard sale and sell them for $25 bucks you may net more with less hassle than selling online. 

Also if you have a local flea market or antique mall, you could rent a case and display some of them and let the antique mall do the work. Again, less hassle and you just get a check. 

If you are married to getting high prices for everything, I wish you a lot of luck. That will take a lot of work. If you are truly looking to get rid of them and want them to have good home, then take what you can get. It's still money. 

If you dont need the money, consider donating to a local theatre company who can auction them or use them for raffle prizes. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Alexander Lamar
#6Downsizing & Looking for Info Regarding Selling Windowcards
Posted: 8/30/23 at 1:32pm

List them here 

spicemonkey
#7Downsizing & Looking for Info Regarding Selling Windowcards
Posted: 8/30/23 at 1:52pm

may i ask if you have a list of windowcards that you are looking to sell