Broadwayworld Grosses

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Broadwayworld Grosses
Posted: 10/10/23 at 2:44pm

Playbill has last weeks grosses up!

Seems like almost everyone had a nice bump due to the 3 day weekend. Kimberly Akimbo is outgrossing Here Lies Love, which cannot be good. The next month and half until thanksgiving week is going to the deciding point for most shows whether they should close early or not.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2Broadwayworld Grosses
Posted: 10/10/23 at 2:47pm

My poor HLL and PURLIE 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#3Broadwayworld Grosses
Posted: 10/10/23 at 2:57pm

Some nice bumps these last several days for the long IPD weekend. 

Should be interesting to see how much Moulin Rouge! rises in the coming weeks with Burgess starting his little stint tonight.

Oh look, a bibu!

pablitonizer
#4Broadwayworld Grosses
Posted: 10/10/23 at 2:59pm

HLL is on death row, I can't believe they keep hemorrhaging money this way. Same for The shark is broken

PV has a nice bump but it's not enough at all

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#5Broadwayworld Grosses
Posted: 10/10/23 at 3:06pm

A good bump for PURLIE, but still a bad number. Wonder if this is its peak.

Continually (pleasantly) surprised by SHUCKED.

Poor HLL. I assume they've received a priority loan or some infusion of cash?

SHARK IS BROKEN has more than a month left in its schedule run, which...woof.

I wonder if Jeffrey Seller regrets that SWEENEY isn't doing an 8th showeach week with De Waal/Nick Christopher (or Nick Christopher/Annaleigh) just to sell tickets to the casual buyer?

Updated On: 10/10/23 at 03:06 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#6Broadwayworld Grosses
Posted: 10/10/23 at 3:40pm

How goes that work with all the Unions? Like I assume everyone is getting paid for a full 8 show week? So yeah it does seem odd to not just throw on the understudies? Maybe they’re saving costs with the house and all that?

DrMonicaDeMoneco Profile Photo
DrMonicaDeMoneco
#7Broadwayworld Grosses
Posted: 10/11/23 at 12:00pm

Not sure

JSquared2
#8Broadwayworld Grosses
Posted: 10/11/23 at 12:10pm

RippedMan said: "How goes that work with all the Unions? Like I assume everyone is getting paid for a full 8 show week? So yeah it does seem odd to not just throw on the understudies? Maybe they’re saving costs with the house and all that?"

Yes, (almost) everyone is paid based on a 8 performance week -- and the unions do not allow pro-rating (nor would the theatre rent be lowered), so the savings are minimal.  Seems like a wasted opportunity to not put on Nick Christopher on Tuesday nights.