Christmas on Broadway

grazyyy
#1Christmas on Broadway
Posted: 12/17/23 at 8:43am

We will be in NYC from Dec 24-29, we were hoping to squeeze in 2 affordable shows during those days. I have TDF and have been checking in on it but they don't have any shows available for those dates. I'm starting to worry since they have some dates in January posted, does that mean there won't be any more December dates for those shows? I'm wondering if our chances would be better doing rush or is there some other way of getting affordable seats for shows those days? Or have I just guaranteed we'll be **** out of luck by waiting so long?

For context there's 4 of us in the group, our budget is ideally around or under $70 per ticket. Our top shows to watch are Titanique, Harmony, and Kimberly Akimbo.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Christmas on Broadway
Posted: 12/17/23 at 8:56am

Not likely to have many discounts during that time.  It's the busiest week of the year.  Good luck!  

TKTS will likely have some tickets, but not many choices.  

There aren't a lot of shows that still offer in person rush.   If you google PLAYBILL RUSH LOTTERY you will fine a detailed breakdown of who offers what and how.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

summerwind03
#3Christmas on Broadway
Posted: 12/17/23 at 9:01am

There are a lot of shows that do in person rush currently -- sweeney todd, some like it hot, kimberly akimbo, shucked, back to the future, gutenberg, harmony, chicago, harry potter, i need that, purlie victorious, spamalot.

check out bwayrush.com

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4Christmas on Broadway
Posted: 12/17/23 at 12:55pm

Last year and in 2019, there were 10 shows under 90% capacity the week between Christmas and New Years. Those are often nonmusical plays and shows that are struggling mightily at the box office. Harmony and Kimberly might fit that description.

Perhaps if you luck out and can see a show for around $40-50 via rush/lotto/TDF/Off-Broadway, then you can spend more on another show via TKTS.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#5Christmas on Broadway
Posted: 12/17/23 at 3:41pm

You probably can get rush for Harmony easily.  Fir the $18 tickets you all have to go to the box office as they only sell one per person.

Videos