New Steps jukebox musical

spyka
#1New Steps jukebox musical
Posted: 1/26/24 at 4:50am

A Steps musical is officially happening: https://stageberry.com/steps-musical-here-and-now/

Opens in Birmingham in November

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#2New Steps jukebox musical
Posted: 1/26/24 at 6:01am

Omg this will never come to America because nobody knows them here, but they were so much fun. Hope it’s a hit for them!

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#3New Steps jukebox musical
Posted: 1/26/24 at 7:43am

A true guilty pleasure. 

I saw them in concert when I was 8 years old. I think I saw them twice more as a child before the split, and then again in 2012, 2017 and 2021. They're the best type of cheese pop and still hugely popular in the UK. Faye in particular has gone on to do a lot of work in Musical Theatre and from what I gather there's a massive cross-over of people who love musicals and people who love Steps.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#4New Steps jukebox musical
Posted: 1/26/24 at 12:26pm

Big Steps fan here! Yeah, this would never do well in the US unless the show is good enough to overcome the fact that no one knows them here. Their music is cheesy, fun, and melodramatic enough to make a show of similar quality to Mamma Mia! Fingers crossed that they do it right. 

KarenValentine'sheadband
#5New Steps jukebox musical
Posted: 1/26/24 at 7:55pm

I would see this in a heartbeat. I'm in the US and agree it would never play here but STEPS are fab. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#6New Steps jukebox musical
Posted: 1/26/24 at 8:22pm

But where’s the S Club 7 musical! And the Spice Girls deserve so much more. 

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#7New Steps jukebox musical
Posted: 1/26/24 at 8:50pm

The only British boy-band nostalgia show I want to see is a musical adaptation of "Bros: After the Screaming Stops." Genuinely one of the funniest documentaries ever made, and it wasn't trying to be.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#8New Steps jukebox musical
Posted: 1/26/24 at 10:41pm

KarenValentine'sheadband said: "I would see this in a heartbeat. I'm in the US and agree it would never play here but STEPS are fab."

Speaking of “Heartbeat,” the music video of that song is so bonkers, everyone should go and watch it. Honestly, that could be the premise of a fascinating musical. 

KarenValentine'sheadband
#9New Steps jukebox musical
Posted: 1/26/24 at 11:34pm

HeyMrMusic said: "KarenValentine'sheadband said: "I would see this in a heartbeat. I'm in the US and agree it would never play here but STEPS are fab."

Speaking of “Heartbeat,” the music video of that song is so bonkers, everyone should go and watch it. Honestly, that could be the premise of a fascinating musical.
"

Ha! Agree. It's insane. 

Latest Posts