News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace - Page 3

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#50Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/7/24 at 11:29am

Det95 said: "Did anyone else with tickets not get an email from Roundabout? I’m surprised I wasn’t notified"

I got an email last night (read: a couple of hours after reading the news everywhere else), and then an automated robocall this morning. 

BoringBoredBoard40
#51Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/7/24 at 4:00pm

The age difference between Amy and Tyne is quiet a gap so that is interesting

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#52Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/7/24 at 4:29pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "The age difference between Amy and Tyne is quiet a gap so that is interesting"

As discussed in other posts about this revival, I don't think the age really matters for the characters are long as she is "of a certain age."

John Patrick Shanley has approved casting of a 48-year-old (Cherry Jones), a 59-year-old (Meryl), a 72-year-old (Eileen Atkins), a 60-year-old (Dearbhla Molloy in London), a 77-year-old (Tyne), and now a 55-year-old (Amy). She's in a wimple (bonnet?) the whole time; it's not hard for a skilled actor to play a little older if that's the take on the role.

For Father Flynn, Shanley has approved casting of him being 38 (Brian O'Byrne), 41 (Ron Eldard & Philip Seymour Hoffman), 30 (Padraic Delaney in London), and now 56 (Liev). That character being a contemporary of Sister A could provoke interesting dynamics, too.

kwoc91
#53Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/7/24 at 5:03pm

I was meant to see the show tonight via Hiptix, but I called Roundabout and they honored an exchange for a future date with no questions asked. I was very pleased with their customer service!

B212323
#54Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/8/24 at 12:40am

ColorTheHours048 said: "yyys said: "wonder if Amy Ryan has a big draw? I only know her from The Wire."

Not that I’m representative of anything but my own opinion, but I wasn’t really interested in seeing this, but I amveryinterested now.
"

Same! 

Det95
#55Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/8/24 at 9:00am

Anakela said: "Det95 said: "Did anyone else with tickets not get an email from Roundabout? I’m surprised I wasn’t notified"

I got an email last night (read: a couple of hours after reading the news everywhere else), and then an automated robocall this morning.
"

Weird, I've gotten nothing. No email or call. 

Videos