Mondays in May

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#1Mondays in May
Posted: 2/14/24 at 7:54am

Hi All - we scheduled a Sunday to Wednesday NYC trip in early May around a Monday performance of My Son Is Queer that is no longer happening. Any recommendations for another something, most likely a non-musical off-Broadway, that is open for business Monday evenings? In the past we’ve seen several hidden gems that we would not have otherwise considered because of Monday availability. I haven’t had any luck finding options this time.

The shows we’re seeing the other days are Merrily, Notebook, and Cabaret, so this is destined to be a spectacular few days away. Can you help me with the final puzzle piece?  TIA

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#2Mondays in May
Posted: 2/14/24 at 8:45am

Check out this site: http://www.newyorkcitytheatre.com/

You can search by date and it will list most of the on-stage events happening for that day. I have found it quite useful in the past for finding "odd" time performances! Good luck!

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Mondays in May
Posted: 2/14/24 at 9:10am

That's pretty terrific! Thanks for sharing! 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 2/14/24 at 09:10 AM

amiyagi
#4Mondays in May
Posted: 2/14/24 at 12:39pm

NEVER buy tickets from broadway.com but it's useful for picking a particular date and see what's playing.

Great Gatsby, Six, A Sign of the Times, Play That Goes Wrong and Chicago all have Monday night performances the first two Mondays in May.

Rumpelstiltskin
#5Mondays in May
Posted: 2/14/24 at 7:56pm

Many thanks for the advice.  Those resources are very helpful.  Much appreciated.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#6Mondays in May
Posted: 2/14/24 at 8:45pm

If the date is Monday May 13th, then the Met has performance of their new modern dress production of Carmen.  I saw the broadcast into theatees a couple weeks ago (with a different cast) & thought it was sensational.  Instead of workers in a cigarette factory, the women are working in an arms manufacturing plant somewhere out in Arizona or New Mexico, and steal a semi-trailer to makeva run for the border.  There is a full semi-trailer and cars and trucks on stage.  They had to reinforce the stage to hold the weight.

More traditional audience members were not as enthusiastic as I was.

Rumpelstiltskin
#7Mondays in May
Posted: 2/14/24 at 9:30pm

That sounds delicious, but unfortunately we’ll be there May 5-8.

Ensemble1707960342
#8Mondays in May
Posted: 2/15/24 at 1:28am

Broadway Bob* said: "Check out this site:http://www.newyorkcitytheatre.com/poly track

You can search by date and it will list most of the on-stage events happening for that day. I have found it quite useful in the past for finding "odd" time performances! Good luck!"

That's very fantastic.