Swept Away 2024?

Voter
#1Swept Away 2024?
Posted: 4/3/24 at 2:10pm

Getting Instagram advertisements for Swept Away. Anyone else getting these as well?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Swept Away 2024?
Posted: 4/3/24 at 2:14pm

I'm not on Insta - but what do the ads say?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3Swept Away 2024?
Posted: 4/3/24 at 2:52pm

Yep, there's ads on Facebook and Instagram for this. Asking to sign up for upcoming news about future productions. Could this land on Broadway in the Fall?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

brodynky
#4Swept Away 2024?
Posted: 4/3/24 at 10:16pm

The show’s Facebook page also SLIGHTLY updated their profile pic yesterday.
A few months ago, someone in another thread said Swept Away was looking at the Booth. I wonder if they are being deferential and waiting until Kimberly Akimbo has finished its run before making an announcement. 
My fingers are crossed as I loved it at Arena Stage. 

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#5Swept Away 2024?
Posted: 4/3/24 at 10:23pm

This was wonderful at Arena!  Can't wait for it to move to NYC.  The best show we saw on our DC trip, however, was Shout Sister Shout at Fords Theatre. The best production we have seen in that space without a doubt.  The show was remarkable and thrilling vocally and staged very well. 

We are hoping both come to NYC for different reasons.  Swept Away was exciting and Shout Sister was thrilling and necessary.

Updated On: 4/3/24 at 10:23 PM

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#6Swept Away 2024?
Posted: 4/4/24 at 6:03am

This is what I got on Instagram. Clearly it’s coming.

Swept Away 2024?

Hamilfan2
#7Swept Away 2024?
Posted: 4/4/24 at 11:31am

brodynky said: "The show’s Facebook page also SLIGHTLY updated their profile pic yesterday.
A few months ago, someone in another thread said Swept Away waslooking at the Booth. I wonder if they are being deferential and waiting until Kimberly Akimbo has finished its run before making an announcement.
My fingers are crossed as I loved it at Arena Stage.
"

Not sure what theatre they’ll end up with, but the Booth is also ready booked for both a summer and fall run (both plays)

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#8Swept Away 2024?
Posted: 4/4/24 at 11:37am

Isn’t swept away going into circle in the square