Tony night

justherehanging
#1Tony night
Posted: 4/5/24 at 6:29pm

What is there to do on Tony night? Of course I’m not going to the Tony’s, but I’m in the city visiting… I don’t think there’s a lot of shows going on that night. What are some unique opportunities?

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#2Tony night
Posted: 4/5/24 at 6:44pm

I Googled "Tony Awards viewing party 2024" and found this: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seth-rudetskys-4th-annual-tony-awards-watch-party-livestream-tickets-852467060927

justherehanging
#3Tony night
Posted: 4/6/24 at 10:48am

Anything in person?

I saw a Book of Mormon and Chicago  has a performance that night, but I can’t find any other shows

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#4Tony night
Posted: 4/6/24 at 11:04am

There are sometimes viewing parties at venues like 54 Below, Green Room 42, or Joe’s Pub, but generally there isn’t a lot going on for the general public to take part in. It’s a night for the industry itself and most of the players will be at industry-only parties. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#5Tony night
Posted: 4/6/24 at 11:34am

I heard the viewing party at glass house was lit last year. 

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#6Tony night
Posted: 4/6/24 at 5:01pm

justherehanging said: "Anything in person?

I saw a Book of Mormon and Chicago has a performance that night, but I can’t find any other shows
"

Seth's watch party is in-person, just FYI. (As well as livestreamed.)

What exactly are you wanting - to see a Broadway show or watch the Tonys? Most shows never have Sunday night shows. You can check the schedules on the ticketing and show websites to see who has Sunday matinees.

justherehanging
#7Tony night
Posted: 4/7/24 at 7:05am

I will be in New York City that night originally I was thinking about trying to find a Broadway show… So far the only two I found is book of Mormon in Chicago so I was debating maybe I’ll go see book of Mormon but I’m also open to a viewing party I never really considered that since I’m in the city And staying at a hotel 

Claudia Draper
#8Tony night
Posted: 4/7/24 at 1:00pm

Any info on The Glass House event?  Anyone go to the previous Seth Viewing parties.. are they fun??  Worthy of 50.00?? 

chrishuyen
#9Tony night
Posted: 4/7/24 at 5:08pm

I've been to the watch party that Ben Cameron hosts at Green Room 42 and that one's a lot of fun, with some trivia and performances during ad breaks.   They also pass around a ballot for predictions and if you got the most correct, you'd get 2 free tickets to future shows there.

I also went to the 54 Below one last year but didn't think it was worth it (you're required to purchase their prix fixe menu and I wasn't a huge fan of the food they served).