pixeltracker

Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?

Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?

DebraR
#1Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/5/24 at 6:14pm

I know, long shot. My daughter is going to be in NY next week to see shows, she had trouble processing her single ticket ($89) for Merrily over the weekend and when she tried again, suddenly the lowest ticket price is $300! There is no way she will be able to see it at that price and I am afraid I can't afford to help. An old friend from when they were in theatre camp is in the ensemble and she was really looking forward to seeing him. If anyone happens to have one extra, (at the prices before this week) she would love to buy it! :)
Updated On: 6/5/24 at 06:14 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/5/24 at 6:29pm

Ask your daughter to reach out to her ensemble friend and see if he/she can get your daughter a ticket. 

Other options:

Cancellation line - when I went with friends back in January, the cancellation line ticket cost $249. Also ask her to go to the box office on the day of performance. Hudson theater practices dynamic pricing so if there are still unsold tickets, they'll decrease it but it may not be less than $100 but who knows!

Lottery - Yes it is possible to win but the likelihood is so low.

Theatr app - I've seen Merrily tickets there but not less than $100. 

DebraR
#3Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/5/24 at 10:24pm

Thank you! I was in NY two weeks ago, had I know tickets could jump so dramatically, I would have gotten her a ticket. So disappointing, its getting harder and harder for regular people to afford a ticket.

Springtime
#4Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/5/24 at 11:34pm

Tickets have been affordable at different times, but the show has been sold out for every performance to date and there's less than five weeks left in the run.

DebraR
#5Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/5/24 at 11:46pm

Yes, I understand, we just didn't expect such a huge leap in pricing and so suddenly.

willep
#6Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/5/24 at 11:57pm

I’m surprised she even saw an $89 and wonder if it was some sort of error, I’ve been checking regularly in hopes of seeing it since I lose the lotto daily, but haven’t seen anything near that low in months, and of course hindsight is 20-20.

hearthemsing22
#7Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/6/24 at 8:25am

Also keep in mind this is the week before the Tony Awards. Unless cast members have tickets to sell to friends, family- which is usually unlikely for a show this big- it's highly unlikely to find a reasonably priced ticket. They did have a promo code when the tickets first went on sale, but it's no longer valid. It was reasonably priced at that time but oh the joys of dynamic pricing. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#8Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/6/24 at 8:58am

DebraR said: "Thank you! I was in NY two weeks ago, had I know tickets could jump so dramatically, I would have gotten her a ticket. So disappointing, its getting harder and harder for regular people to afford a ticket."

I don't think they jumped dramatically, but rather, other people bought the cheaper tickets and only tickets left are the pricey ones in orchestra/mezz! 

Also, have her check out last minute stubhub.

Good luck! I hope she gets to see it! If nothing else works, try cancellation line and seriously think if it's possible to increase the ticket budget to around $249 (justify it by either take extra shifts at work or dedicate any birthday/holiday money to the ticket, etc.) 

pmondrian
#9Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/6/24 at 9:23am

I don't think there are any $249 tickets left anymore.   I was looking at a $327 ticket two nights ago, and after sleeping on it, and deciding to buy it, dynamic pricing had it at $399 the next morning.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#10Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/6/24 at 10:33am

Check the Theatr app early and often every day.  I've noticed several last minute Merrily tickets available due to the crazy weather conditions in the south shutting down airports and canceling flights.  Theatr app rules stipulate that tickets can be sold for no more than face value (to which they tack on a reasonable fee) so there's the potential to stumble on one at an affordable price.  

Jarethan
#11Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/6/24 at 12:42pm

willep said: "I’m surprised she even saw an $89 and wonder if it was some sort of error, I’ve been checking regularly in hopes of seeing it since I lose the lotto daily, but haven’t seen anything near that low in months, and of course hindsight is 20-20."

Might have been a companion seat.  I almost purchased seats to Cabaret, feeling that I had really lucked out.  They were still almost $200, but pretty close to the stage.  Well, as I was about to hit the final purchase button, I noticed that they were companion seats (or handicapped and companion).  Disappointedly, I didn't get them.  After the reviews came out, and given the comments on this board, my interest in seeing the show -- I only get to see maybe a dozen in NYC each year -- has shrunk dramatically.

DebraR
#12Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
Posted: 6/6/24 at 1:46pm

Disappointing! Will keep an eye on all the last minute ticket sights. Thanks everyone!

Videos