pixeltracker

ELF Returning to Broadway this November

ELF Returning to Broadway this November

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#1ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 6:27pm

According to an Equity casting notice, ELF THE MUSICAL will return to Broadway November 16th and run through January 4th. Directed by Phillip Wm. McKinley and choreographed by Liam Steel.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 7:28pm

This must be going into the Marquis following THE WIZ, right? They'll need a big 1400+-seat-house to make it work economically for such a short run, and as of now that'll be the only one available for November-Jan, unless something unexpected happens to W4E, HK, Great Gatsby, or a long-runner in the next couple months (which is unlikely).

(To that end, I am surprised that THE WIZ isn't extending past August 18th through the end of the year, since the tour doesn't resume till Feb 2025, but maybe they anticipate bad weeks in the fall and want to get out before they start losing money.)

This would be a remounting of the London engagement, not the Casey Nicholaw version that previously played Broadway. Meaning that this is technically another revival joining the season (not a return engagement)

Updated On: 6/14/24 at 07:28 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 8:13pm

It's gone out on tour for several years as non-equity up until 2019. ever community theater has done this the past few Nov/Dec. I can't imagine people paying Broadway prices to see this.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

pmensky
#4ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 8:42pm

Other than Once Upon a Mattress and this, are there any other new, family friendly shows announced yet for the fall? If not, this is a good idea. It doesn’t matter that it’s been on tour and done in regional and community theatres. People’s habits are different when it comes to holiday shows. They’ll go see the same production of A Christmas Carol or The Nutcracker in their hometowns or The Radio City Christmas Spectacular in NYC year after year. Tourists would probably love to see one of their favorites on Broadway.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#5ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 9:26pm

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about this finding an audience for the holiday season. There are 14 Broadway shows (+ Rockettes) that range from "family shows" to "shows you could take a kid to and they'd enjoy it but they're not the target demo" but a holiday-specific musical is kind of its own thing.

They'll have to announce it ASAP. Group sales happen early and families do plan ahead when putting together a vacation.

Beanmatt2
#6ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 10:24pm

There's a website and Instagram.

Musigamist
#7ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:05pm

Beanmatt2 said: "There's a website and Instagram."

I dug a little into the tickets page; the official ticket seller is Telecharge (thus ruling out the Marquis which uses Ticketmaster) and it will have both a lottery and rush.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#8ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:11pm

Musigamist said: "Beanmatt2 said: "There's a website and Instagram."

I dug a little into the tickets page; the official ticket seller is Telecharge (thusruling out the Marquis which uses Ticketmaster) and itwill have both a lottery and rush.

"

It could feel comfy at the Jones, but I’m not sure if Left on Tenth was given that venue or not. 

Music Box or Schoenfeld otherwise. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 6/14/24 at 11:11 PM

Voter
#9ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:12pm

So so curious which theatre this is going into. Schoenfeld? Imperial? Longacre? Lyceum?

Voter
#10ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:16pm

Musigamist said: "Beanmatt2 said: "There's a website and Instagram."

I dug a little into the tickets page; the official ticket seller is Telecharge (thusruling out the Marquis which uses Ticketmaster) and itwill have both a lottery and rush.

"

The Wiz uses Ticketmaster.

you can buy The Wiz Ticketmaster. 

Voter
#11ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:20pm

The announcement to me seems coming next week. It already has an instagram, a functional website, ticket details about rush and other details. They probably have the Marquis, Lyceum or Longacre

Musigamist
#12ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:24pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Musigamist said: "Beanmatt2 said: "There's a website and Instagram."

"

Ah; you appear to be correct, but I would venture to guess that if they’ve left the Telecharge info up that they intend to keep it rather than choosing a template without it. I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.

Would a Vladimir Putin Santa just give everyone coal or would some kids get more coal than others? hmm

Updated On: 6/15/24 at 11:24 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#13ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:36pm

An agency often starts building out a website before they even know what house it's going into. The producers may know but sometimes that's kept close to the vest. All production information is provided to the agency by the general management firm (theatre details, performance times, ticketing platform, pricing, required or desired language, etc). The agency will build off whatever template is easiest to modify, or whatever is more recent...designer's choice. I would not read into the word Telecharge AT ALL. This is a template.

Voter
#14ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:41pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "An agency often starts building out a website before they even know what house it's going into. The producers may know but sometimes that's kept close to the vest. All production information is provided to the agency by the general management firm (theatre details, performance times, ticketing platform, pricing, required or desired language, etc). The agency will build off whatever template is easiest to modify, or whatever is more recent...designer's choice. I would not read into the word Telecharge AT ALL. This is a template."

this maybe a weird question but does the agency work with graphic designers ahead of time to get word of mouth first and start momentum?

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#15ELF Returning to Broadway this November
Posted: 6/15/24 at 12:29am

Voter said: "this maybe a weird question but does the agency work with graphic designers ahead of time to get word of mouth first and start momentum?"

I'm not really understanding question but getting out word of mouth is probably not the goal of this leaked website.

The creation of the show's key art (logo) and other graphic design materials is led by the show's producer, the agency's account managers (the point-people for communication between the show's producer and the agency employees), the agency's creative director, and the graphic designers working under the creative director. After the key art is created and approved by the producer, it gets modified as needed for all sorts of other things. But the graphics are just one part of the advertising process –– and the designers are not really the ones running the strategy of getting the word out.

Updated On: 6/15/24 at 12:29 AM

Videos