Colbert or Sudeikis as Herbie?

KevinKlawitter
#2Colbert or Sudeikis as Herbie?
Posted: 6/24/24 at 3:48pm

I know Colbert is a theatre guy but I can't see him putting his show on hiatus to do a musical. It'd be cool if he was willing to, though.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#3Colbert or Sudeikis as Herbie?
Posted: 6/24/24 at 3:50pm

I love Colbert but scary things happen when he attempts to sing.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4Colbert or Sudeikis as Herbie?
Posted: 6/24/24 at 3:52pm

A thread exists about GYPSY already where casting is discussed almost daily.

Both those ideas feel so far-fetched to the point that it's idiotic. Colbert especially, since he hosts a talkshow every afternoon.

There's also no "either or" when it comes to offer-only casting. An offer cannot be made to more than one actor at once, and only one actor can be in negotiations at a time. You offer it to Actor 1's agent; You wait for a response; That response might take minutes or weeks; If the actor is interested enough, then customary vibe-check meetings happen; then negotiations occur to iron out the little details. Sure, these actors might be on the wishlist for Herbie –– they're on a lot of wishlists –– but that doesn't mean there is ANY reality to the situation.

As discussed in the other thread, it would be shocking if they can secure an actor who means MORE than Audra as either Herbie or Louise (even though they would benefit from an actor who means more than her). This is being billed as AUDRA GYPSY and any star with enough name value shouldn't want to play second-fiddle to her, be billed less prominently than her, and play a supremely non-showy role.

Updated On: 6/24/24 at 03:52 PM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#5Colbert or Sudeikis as Herbie?
Posted: 6/24/24 at 4:17pm

Speaking of Sudeikis:
Hannah Waddingham for Tessie please. And she can be the alternate Rose at matinees.
(I realize she wouldn't take on this featured role at this high point of her career, but she'd be perfect)

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
    Play Esq.
    #6Colbert or Sudeikis as Herbie?
    Posted: 6/24/24 at 4:50pm

I love Colbert...but he was incredibly stiff in the NY Phil Company concert presentation in a very small role.  I can't imagine he'd be a very good Herbie. 

Videos