News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KevinKlawitter

Member Name: KevinKlawitter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Richard Simmons "interactive work out musical"?
 Jul 26 2024, 12:23:18 PM

Patrick Leonard: "there's a plan to proceed" with the Richard Simmons musical, "and that's about all I know right now".

Musical Adaptation of EMPIRE RECORDS - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 25 2024, 04:53:06 PM

Liam Pearce! Very nice.

Peter Dinklage, Lupita Nypng'o, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Sandra Oh to star in Shakespeare in the Park's TWELFTH NIGHT
 Jul 25 2024, 02:52:30 PM

Saheem Ali directing; will reopen the revitalized Delacorte Theater in August 2025

Holy crap this cast

"Weird Al" Yankovic "having conversations" about writing a Broadway musical
 Jul 23 2024, 05:29:56 PM

Kad said: "I would be really surprised if he had any desire to actually appear in a Broadway show himself. Despite his Weird Al persona, he’s an exceptionally private and introverted person. He barely even speaks in his concerts."

I've been thinking of that, actually. I wonder if one of the reasons he doesn't act more is because casting directors assume based on his stage persona that he'd be the live-wire, outrageous character, and he might not be

"Weird Al" Yankovic "having conversations" about writing a Broadway musical
 Jul 23 2024, 10:57:45 AM

From an interview with Rolling Stone

I was thinking not long ago that an adaptation of UHF could be a fun nostalgia piece for the pre-Streaming era.

Jul 23 2024, 09:14:50 AM

Brendan Fraser & Andrew Scott to star in film adaptation of David Haig WWII play PRESSURE
 Jul 22 2024, 04:41:10 PM

Anthony Maras directing; Fraser to play Dwight Eisenhower, Scott to play James Stagg

ONCE UPON A MATTRESS Previews
 Jul 22 2024, 04:03:02 PM

someoneinatree2 said: "IsMattress still a high school musical juggernaut? No shade to the show, which is perfectly fun and certainly appropriate for teens, but I feel like I hear more aboutInto the WoodsorBeauty and the BeastorFootloose(or nowMean GirlsandThe Addams Family) these days.

Just found it funny that they implied its popularity with kids not once but twice in a rather succinct press release.
"

Kevin's Minnesota Theatre Adventures - Suzan-Lori Parks' SALLY & TOM, SIX on tour
 Jul 22 2024, 12:04:37 AM

The second show I've seen in two months from Theatre L'Homme Dieu in Alexandria was Tick, Tick... BOOM!, produced in partnership with Artistry MN in Bloomington and directed by Kelli Foster Warder, well known for the acclaimed Theatre Latte Da production of Hello Dolly! Her approach to Jonathan Larson's autobiographical work seems to be largely to let the music and book speak for itself.  There's not a lot

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
 Jul 19 2024, 01:58:57 PM

I've listened through "Girls Like You", and I'm really liking the album so far. Jackson & Jacobs clearly know the style they're lampooning well, and the wordplay in the lyrics is very clever. You can also feel the suspense building in the more dramatic songs like "When She Gave Birth" that still feel of a piece while not necessaeily being played for comedy.

Musical adaptation of film SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED from Nick Blaemire and Ryan Miller (Guster) to premiere at BAM
 Jul 18 2024, 09:08:27 AM

Nkeki Obi-Melekwe and Taylor Trensch to Star

Pocahontas needs to be a broadway musical!
 Jul 18 2024, 09:07:18 AM

As good as the songs are, there's a very good reason why Disney hasn't done anything with the property outside of a DTV sequel.

Sarah Silverman's THE BEDWETTER musical at Atlantic Theater Company - Previews
 Jul 17 2024, 09:54:42 AM

New run set for Arena Stage January 31-March 16

JRB Teases
 Jul 16 2024, 02:14:22 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "The Last Five Years announces they havethe Hudson before fan presale on the 22nd.

"

I know hype is part of the job, but building up a location announcement for an already-announced show as "something huge" would feel awfully anticlimactic.

JOB Previews
 Jul 16 2024, 12:36:59 PM

Licensing rights acquired by Concord Theatricals

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December
 Jul 15 2024, 12:50:27 PM

Will air on PBS's Great Performances November 15

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
 Jul 12 2024, 03:28:45 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Does anyone else think it's a mistake that they are waiting so long to re-open this show? I think it would have been a really hot Summer show. Cast recording sounds incredible tho."

Probably would have worked as a summer show, but it's pretty clear they're aiming for a Halloween audience. We just had a thread about how rare horror is on stage, and it looks like they're trying to cash in on the niche audience.

Broadway Rumors/Whispers
 Jul 11 2024, 10:13:34 PM

David Yazbeck: "looking for the RIGHT bway for next spring" for Dead Outlaw

SLAVE PLAY headed to London?
 Jul 11 2024, 10:43:17 AM

BWW review roundup: 7 positive, 3 mixed, 1 negative

Carmen Cusack, Nik Walker & John Behlmann to Lead BULL DURHAM, A NEW MUSICAL at Duke University
 Jul 11 2024, 08:51:08 AM

Runs September 10-22; music & lyrics by Susan Werner, book by Ron Shelton, Marc Bruni directing

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You