News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KevinKlawitter

Member Name: KevinKlawitter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Richard Simmons "interactive work out musical"?
 May 15 2024, 03:56:10 PM

Given how he openly derided the idea of Pauly Shore playing him in a movie, I guess this could be seen as Simmons finding a way to take control over his own image again.

But maybe I'm just being too optimistic.

Who Are You?
 May 15 2024, 01:04:57 AM

33-year-old straight male who lives in rural Minnesota. Have worked in adult foster care & other mental health jobs for the better part of a decade.

Very involved with community theatre in my area as a board member, audience member, actor, occasional director and aspiring playwright. I also make regular trips to the Twin Cities to see various professional and amateur performances there. 

Outside of theatre, I'm into film, literature, and cooking and I follow

Broadway must ditch musical film adaptations for original stories
 May 14 2024, 08:32:15 PM

Kad said: "Lest we forget: Little Shop is adapted from an extremely low-budget B movie that was shot in a few days."

It's actually a really good movie, though.  Cheap as hell to be sure, but it's also really funny and weird. It plays like a comedic episode of The Outer Limits.

RIP Roger Corman

May 14 2024, 08:11:02 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "You know what I'd like to see? Musical adaptations of bad movies.

How many times have you gotten out of a movie and thought "the set-up is interesting, but I wish they'd done a better job at it". Do a better job of it... on a stage with songs.Bridges of Madison Countyis a dumb schmaltzy romance movie, and its musical has one of the greatest scores of the 21st century.Newsieswon the Razzie for Worst Song, and i

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 14 2024, 05:56:02 PM

That said, I don't think anyone would complain if Laurents' book forWest Side Storygot some light retouching.

I'm a little bit surprised there hasn't been an option available to license a stage version based on Tony Kushner's screenplay.

May 14 2024, 05:51:03 PM

Next thing you'll know someone will write about how Hollywood does too many sequels and remakes.

Scott Rudin returns:
 May 13 2024, 09:12:35 PM

FLarnhill said: "So many self-righteous people here who can't learn to separate the art from the artists and love to make others pay for their mistakes for their entire lives.

I hope you're all happy.
"

Years of abusive behavior is not a "mistake" and yes, I am happy that abusers are beginning to face a reckoning rather than people just accepting it.  If someone like Rudin wants the public and industry to accept him back,

Kenny Leon to direct Broadway revival of HOME by Samm-Art Williams
 May 13 2024, 06:40:14 PM

HOME playwright Samm-Art Williams dies at age 78

George Clooney is coming to Broadway.
 May 13 2024, 01:04:00 PM

Loved that movie, and it makes sense to adapt it to the stage.

A little curious that Clooney is playing Murrow this time around, but I suppose a star of his caliber wouldn't be in a supporting role on Broadway like his Fred Friendly was in the film.

Any new DORIAN GRAY rumors?
 May 10 2024, 08:04:20 PM

Via Deadline, confirmed for Spring 2025

BONNIE & CLYDE IN CONCERT starring Jeremy Jordan and Frances Mayli McCann to be made available on VOD streaming
 May 10 2024, 03:50:41 PM

Theatre Fan3 said: "Has there been any indication that there will be blu ray release of this at some point down the road?"

Most of the recent proshots that have been released (Waitress, Prince of Egypt, Titanic, etc) are either on physical media or have a release forthcoming, so I don't see why this one wouldn't. The only recent ones I can think of that are still exclusive to streaming are Diana and Mr

Jodi Benson & daughter Delaney to star in GYPSY at OFC Creations
 May 10 2024, 01:29:51 PM

Performances run January 30-February 16

Ramin Karimloo to star in premiere of Elvis Costello's A FACE IN THE CROWD at the Old Vic
 May 9 2024, 10:01:25 AM

Running from September 10-November 9. Kwame Kwei-Armah directing.

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York
 May 8 2024, 07:36:45 PM

I can't say I recognize any of them, but "Jonty Peach" is a fantastic name.

Dave Malloy's THREE HOUSES at Signature
 May 8 2024, 12:29:02 PM

chrishuyen said: "Saw this tonight and it's one of those shows I feel like I was a little lost for most of it but just went along for the ride and fully enjoyed it.

that reminds me a bit of my reaction to the production of Great Comet I saw last month. The story is so complicated with so many moving parts that I was almost confused at times, but the music and cast were so engaging that I couldn't help but get swept up in it all

BONNIE & CLYDE IN CONCERT starring Jeremy Jordan and Frances Mayli McCann to be made available on VOD streaming
 May 8 2024, 08:38:46 AM

Will be released June 24

BURLESQUE MUSICAL in development
 May 8 2024, 08:24:53 AM

Jackie Burns cast as Tess

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 7 2024, 03:01:03 PM

bigbelterbaby said: "Apparently he was offered Uncle Vanya but turned it down for this."

Was he actually offered Vanya? Because Downey feels more like an Astrov to me.

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 7 2024, 02:17:14 PM

He's really on a comeback run between Oppenheimer (an exceptional performance so unlike his other roles), Park Chan-Wook's The Sympathizer on HBO, and now this...much different than where he left us before the pandemic (Dr. Dolittle)."

Now he needs to get an audiobook or something and then Downey could speedrun the EGOT.

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions
 May 6 2024, 03:31:05 PM

The Pulitzer Prize for Drama goes to Eboni Booth for Primary Trust

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You