News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KevinKlawitter

Member Name: KevinKlawitter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 16 2024, 06:22:01 PM

gotta appreciate the chutzpah

JK Rowling Concerns  Apr 16 2024, 04:32:38 PM

Let's just say the last few years have made me glad I read Animorphs instead of Harry Potter.

Sandra Huller to star in Berlin production of new play I WANT ABSOLUTE BEAUTY directed by Ivo van Hove with songs by PJ Harvey  Apr 16 2024, 12:15:19 PM

Will run in Berlin August 16-31; Will be performed in English with German subtitles

THE SHARK IS BROKEN Reviews  Apr 16 2024, 11:08:11 AM

Licensing rights acquired by Broadway Licensing/Dramatists Play Services

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 15 2024, 02:54:16 PM

First look at Gayle Rankin as Sally Bowles on Broadway

First look at Eddie Redmayne as The Emcee on Broadway

Mark Ruffalo & Jessica Hecht to star in one night only performance of new Jodie Markell play IRONWEED  Apr 15 2024, 02:20:37 PM

Performance to be held at BAM; will include excerpts from forthcoming audio recording of the play starringNorbert Leo Butz, Kristine Nielsen, John Magaro, Michael Potts, David Rysdahl, Frank Wood and Katie Erbe.

Paulus to helm ROMEO & JULIET at ART this fall  Apr 15 2024, 12:38:57 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Someone in the comments said it's a film adaptation by Baz Lurhman. If that's true..."

Waitwaitwait... what!?! Baz has already done that (I've really got to revisit that movie - I recall appreciating his swings but not liking the overall execution)

But I suppose he's got carte blanche since Elvis was such a monster success, so if he wants to revi

Paulus to helm ROMEO & JULIET at ART this fall  Apr 15 2024, 12:21:56 PM

ColorTheHours048 said: "This may not be related at all, but Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler just posted on their respective Instagrams “R + J” with the location tag “Verona”.

They feel like slightly too big of stars to do a regional production of Romeo and Juliet, but it’s possible A.R.T. is planning on this being their tentpole production next season with its eye on Broadway.
"

Yeah, I saw that too, and Zegler & Conn

Operation Mincemeat Musical - London  Apr 14 2024, 10:07:49 AM

It was recently announced that the licensing rights for the show have been acquired by Concord Theatricals

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 12 2024, 11:43:55 PM

Kad said: "Nick is just enough of a cypher that a lot of interpretations can be read of his character. His fixation on Gatsby and indifference toward Jordan even when they are implied to be going on dates or seeing each other has been a topic of discussion for decades."

Yeah:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Truman Capote Wrote a screenplay in the 70s where Nick and Jordan were both gay and serving as each other's beards. Obviously no studio at the time would touch it.

Gold Derby: Time for the Tonys and Oliviers of recognize hair, wig, and makeup artists  Apr 12 2024, 02:30:05 PM

Article highlighting Victoria Fenton & Alice Hardy's efforts to get the categories recognized

It does seem like an inexplicable omission.

Josh Gad to make Film directorial debut with Chris Farley biopic  Apr 12 2024, 12:33:10 PM

willep said: "The headline isn’t so misleading as this thread title."

I've adjusted the thread title to clarify the project as being in the early stages

Josh Gad shopping Chris Farley biopic as Film directorial debut  Apr 12 2024, 12:04:04 PM

Paul Walter Hauser to star; Lorne Michael's producing

Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in THE ROOMMATE Opposite Mia Farrow  Apr 11 2024, 10:21:40 AM

Honestly, Mia Farrow on Broadway is the more exciting part for me.

A WONDERFUL WORLD To Open On Broadway Fall 2024  Apr 10 2024, 11:09:02 AM

Tickets on sale via TodayTix

SPAMALOT sets closing date  Apr 9 2024, 11:58:36 PM

Has there been any discussion of this revival getting a cast recording?

Jennifer Lopez to Star in KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN Film  Apr 9 2024, 04:52:37 PM

Kad said: "The Distinctive Baritone said: "It's still a "win," even if this doesn't do great at the box office (as long as it's done relatively well).Kiss of the Spider Womanis one of the least-performed and least-known musicals to win the Tony in my lifetime, and the film will hopefully give it some publicity. EvenSweeney Todd(my favorite musical, obviously) was not well-known outside the theatre worlduntil the Tim Burton film put it

Jennifer Lopez to Star in KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN Film  Apr 9 2024, 02:09:20 PM

Diego Luna and Tonatiuh will star in the adaptation as Valentin Arregui and Luis Molina

Artist's Equity to serve as Producers

Paul Hart's immersive UK staging of THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical to transfer to Chicago  Apr 9 2024, 01:03:11 PM

Now titled THE LORD OF THE RINGS – A Musical Tale - running at Chicago Shakespeare Festival July 19-September 1Festival

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 9 2024, 12:19:37 PM

Broadway cast reuniting for one-night-only concert performance at Palladium Times Square on May 20

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You