Anyone seen the following Tours?

GottaGimmick
#0Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/22/04 at 7:45pm

Jesus Christ Superstar
Oliver
Little Shop of Horrors
Thoroughly Modern Millie

If I could have your opinions on any of them I'd appreciate it! :)

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#1re: Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/22/04 at 9:15pm

I saw the JCS tour back in October. It was fine. Nothing that special, except I thought Eric Kunze and Natalie Toro were just wonderful.

The sets were at times either too over the top or too boring, and "Herod's Song" was that bad kind of uncomfortable.

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#2re: re: Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/23/04 at 6:15am

The LSOH tour doesn't start until August.

TheaterChef Profile Photo
TheaterChef
#3re: re: re: Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/24/04 at 4:15pm

I saw TMM. It was good overall. Darcie Roberts definitely shows her ability to play the part well, Hollis Resnik did a fabulous job. The only aspect of the show I found impossible to adapt to was Matt Cavanaugh's take on Jimmy. His accent rang too close to home -- Urban Cowboy. Other than that, I'd give the show 3 1/2 stars.

"More than in any other performing arts the lack of respect for acting seems to spring from the fact that every layman considers himself a valid critic." --Uta Hagen

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#4re: re: re: re: Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/24/04 at 4:18pm

i think Matt Cavenaugh left the tour. Not sure why though.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

TheaterChef
#5re: re: re: re: re: Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/24/04 at 4:21pm

did he? Hm.

"More than in any other performing arts the lack of respect for acting seems to spring from the fact that every layman considers himself a valid critic." --Uta Hagen

Sunfish
#6re: re: re: re: re: Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/24/04 at 4:21pm

Is there any way to find out who the cast is in a given leg of the tour? And who the producers are, and if they are equity/non-equity? (Not to open that debate again, just where the info might be available to someone willing to spend a little time on the web looking for it.)

TheaterChef
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/24/04 at 4:27pm

If you go to ModernMillie.com, you can find the touring cast. I posted the link in this thread. Hopefully it shows.
Who's Who: Thoroughly Modern Millie tour.

BroadwayBaby3 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby3
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/24/04 at 6:42pm

I just saw the Thoroughly Modern Millie tour on Sunday, actually, and I enjoyed it very much. Darcie is very talented, and I was also very impressed with Diana Kaarina (Miss Dorothy) and Hollis Resnik (Mrs. Meers) and their Muzzy is fantastic. Overall, it is a well put together production and definitely worth seeing.

Etcy Profile Photo
Etcy
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/24/04 at 7:00pm

hmm I saw JCS and Millie, both were outstanding!!!!!

I cried in JCS! it was a very emotional show and I have to say I don't tink I've heard a cast sound that wonderful vocally! it was just jaw-dropping!

Millie, my first time and definetly won't be my last! it was wonderful and I can't wait to see it again. I was a lil scared at the beginning, b/c I'm a Sutton Fan so I didn't know really what to expect but Darcie Roberts definetly grows on you and by Gimmie Gimmie I was in shock! she was just stunning! I gave standing ovations the entire bows

~*Etcy*~

BroadwayGal Profile Photo
BroadwayGal
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/24/04 at 8:22pm

I've seen the Millie tour a few times and I highly recommend it if it's coming near you! It's a very solid show and though it (obviously) is different from the Broadway production, the tour cast is fabulous. Darcie is a v. good Millie and Diana Kaarina is a fantastic Miss Dorothy- all the leads are great and their ensemble is also v. strong. =)

*Don't dream too far, don't lose sight of who you are*

Bret Profile Photo
Bret
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Anyone seen the following Tours?
Posted: 2/24/04 at 9:39pm

I walked into MILLIE not knowing what to think of it, and loved it! The cast is great, and the production is quite solid!

"Wherever you go... I'll be right there. When you get your own private kick in the ass, just remember: it's a present from me to you." Rose's dying words to Louise

Videos