WRITING TO ENSEMBLE?

FrancisGumm Profile Photo
FrancisGumm
#0WRITING TO ENSEMBLE?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 6:29pm

I know a lot of people write to the "major" players on shows, but has anyone written to ensemble members? I want to write to a few of them, but i don't know if it would seem weird or something. what should i do?

"Beating AIDS and extreme, stupid poverty, this is our moon shot. This is our civil rights struggle, our anti-apartheid movement. This is what the history books will remember our generation for--or blame us for, if we fail."-Bono
Updated On: 4/8/04 at 06:29 PM

Techieboi
#1re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 6:35pm

i have before! Jsut to say how much i enjoyed them but made sure it wasnt strange sounding lol.

Elphie Profile Photo
Elphie
#2re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 6:52pm

Me and "Joizey" wrote Derrick Williams, ensemble member of WICKED, and either we really freaked him out or he's just to busy to write back to broadway obsessed teens. Its been four months and no word. re: re: writing to ensemble?

"They hear drums. We hear music."

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#3re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 6:54pm

Same with me and Kathy Deitch from Wicked. Oh well...my letter sounded really wierd when I think about it.

FrancisGumm
#4re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 7:08pm

would it be weird that i'm a girl and i'm writing to a girl? i think most people write to people of the opposite sex. and yes i'll make sure i dont sound weird, just writing to say what a great performance she did since i didnt see her at the stage door re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?

"Beating AIDS and extreme, stupid poverty, this is our moon shot. This is our civil rights struggle, our anti-apartheid movement. This is what the history books will remember our generation for--or blame us for, if we fail."-Bono

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#5re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 10:36pm

Don't worry too much. The ensemble members tend to LOVE it when people write to them, since they're so often overlooked.

FrancisGumm
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 10:52pm

thanks. i guess i will write her then!

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 10:56pm

I worte to an esmumble membere of Hairspray and she wote back to me :). I think it's actually one of my faviort letters I have gotten.

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

FrancisGumm
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 11:05pm

i should still do the whole SASE thing right?

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 11:14pm

If you want their headshot.

LiTtLeDaNcEr729 Profile Photo
LiTtLeDaNcEr729
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 11:16pm

Ensemble is actually really good to write to. I've gotten some responses- some people actually asking me to write back. Others who I write back and forth with...just write letters- the point isn't to get something back anyways- its to let them know how much you appreciated their performance. If you get something back..thats great- and if you don't, thats great too!

FindingNamo
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 11:16pm

You must be a lesbian Francis.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

FrancisGumm
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 11:26pm

no. just because you are female and admire a female performer doesnt mean you are a lesbian. i love judy garland and it doesnt mean that i am IN LOVE with her.

FindingNamo
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 11:30pm

Same here. But it definitely makes me gay.

FrancisGumm
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 11:32pm

ok. well i hope you are a happy gay person re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?

FindingNamo
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/8/04 at 11:41pm

Thank you Francis. Did you know Judy's father was gay and run out of town?

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#16re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: writing to ensemble?
Posted: 4/9/04 at 7:12am

and all of Liza's ex-husbands were/are gay, too!

as far as writing to the ensemble, i say, do it! Updated On: 4/9/04 at 07:12 AM

Videos