pixeltracker

Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!

Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!

BroadwayKelly Profile Photo
BroadwayKelly
#0Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/7/04 at 9:26pm

Kristin Chenowith is adorable, talented and a true team player! (fact!)
Taye Diggs is hot! (fact!)
Hugh Jackman does a PERFECT Peter Allen (fact!)
Puppets acting with actors and actresses is not new, but cute! (opinion!)
Idina Menzel deserves any award she earns! (fact!)
Some people get nervous performing (fact!)
Avenue Q looks like a fun and exciting musical! (fact!)
Wicked is an in-depth and cognitive look at women, relationships, diversity, prejudice and personal growth! (fact!)
Wonderful town has some nice hippy happy tippy tappy numbers (fact!)
Wicked is a fabulous musical! (opinion!)

Thinking positively brings health, peace and happiness to those who practice it! (fact!)

Peace to you all!
Kelly

"NYC....what is it about you? You're big! You're loud! You're tough! NYC...I go years without you...then I...can't get.....enough!" from Annie

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/7/04 at 9:29pm

I'll play:

Avenue Q is a brilliant musical, filled with heart. It's honest, sincere and clever. (fact)
Raul Esparza is SO sexy. (fact)

I'm done.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

#2re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/7/04 at 9:30pm

Your delineations between 'fact' and 'opinion' are interesting - but I can't say that I really accept your self-appraisal as objective - alot of your 'facts' really are opinions, you know.

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#3re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/7/04 at 9:31pm

Hehe I was thinking the same thing, DGrant...just didn't want to say anything in case I was missing the point of the thread or seomthing, as I often do...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!

Alright, I admit... those are totally my opinions. But I'd like to think of them as fact re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

FindingNamo
#5re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!

"Hugh Jackman does a PERFECT Peter Allen (fact!)"

You've never seen the real Peter Allen live or filmed, I take it.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

#6re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/7/04 at 9:33pm

NYCBabe - I actually thought it as well, but I've read too many opinions stated as fact in here, so I thought I'd just check to make sure re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!

ActionBoy Profile Photo
ActionBoy
#7re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/7/04 at 9:36pm

Who else do you see playing Allen, Namo? Hasselhoff?

P.
(maybe after the DWI clears)

"theatre is life, film is art, television is furniture."

idinamenzelrocks899
#8re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/7/04 at 9:37pm

i like your ways =)

BroadwayKelly
#9re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/7/04 at 9:41pm

OK ok! I, too, like to think of SOME of my opinions as fact! (giggle!) Yes. I have seen Peter Allen in person and on film! Surprisingly, Hugh is very similar to him. Maybe not in looks, but in facial expressions, mannerisms and sound!

Now...you have to admit...whether fact or opinion, all of my ponderings were VERY positive! No?

"NYC....what is it about you? You're big! You're loud! You're tough! NYC...I go years without you...then I...can't get.....enough!" from Annie

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#10re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/7/04 at 9:45pm

Negative is the new positive! OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW AND "Q" I SAY!

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

BroadwayKelly
#11re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/7/04 at 9:52pm

...which is why people are sick, we are at war, and there is so much sadness and darkness in the world.

I'm deeper (and healthier and happier than that!) I'll send happy thoughts your way! (you're welcome!)

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#12re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/7/04 at 10:57pm

you are random. (fact!)
-d.b.j-

Vary My Days.

BroadwayKelly
#13re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/8/04 at 12:40pm

(Fingers in her ears!) LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

Updated On: 6/8/04 at 12:40 PM

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#14re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/8/04 at 12:43pm

that wasn't very positive...

#15re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/8/04 at 12:46pm

BroadwayKelly - being positive should allow you not to take to heart those personal afronts. And what, exactly, is your parameter for 'old' - and what difference does it make anyway? I happen to think you're absolutely right about needing more positive energy flowing around - but you can hardly expect it to 'zap' the negativity. Some people will think what they will, and those choices should only affect THEM - don't let it get you down.

BroadwayKelly
#16re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/8/04 at 12:51pm

DGrant - Well said. Perhaps after reading post after post after post on this board, the negativity posted on here began to wear off on me. Just a little sick of the put-downs around here.

I stick to my original post.

Thank you for helping me to self-reflect!

Have a lovely day!

#17re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/8/04 at 12:59pm

BroadwayKelly - I generally do pretty well trying to have a lovely day - which isn't bad for an 'old' guy of 41 like me re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!

BroadwayKelly
#18re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/8/04 at 2:14pm

41 is NOT old! In fact.....92 is NOT old, as long as you're nice! :)

~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
#19re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/8/04 at 2:41pm

I'm so glad someone decided to put something like this on the board....I'm not impressed with everyones comments about Idina not because I adore her, but because her performance was real and it showed exactly that people (even BROADWAY STARS) are real people and get nervous, or scratchy throated or whatever the hell people think the problem was.
But nevertheless, somehow these "postive topics" always end up with people bitching about something or other.

You've gotta have heart AND music
Updated On: 6/8/04 at 02:41 PM

dramaqueen Profile Photo
dramaqueen
#20re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/8/04 at 7:18pm

sarag jessica parker shouldn't wear dresses that wont stay up (fact)
Idina rocked (fact)
susan looked like she had a concssion or she was drunk or something when avenue Q got best musical (fact)
Kristin and idina looked awesome(fact)

:) cco

boborunstheshow Profile Photo
boborunstheshow
#21re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/8/04 at 8:21pm

Avenue Q is vulgar and disgusting (fact)
Wicked should have won (fact)
They shouldn't have stupid SNL comedians anywhere near the Tonys (fact)
They spent too much freaking time obsessing about how good Hugh looked (fact)
Boy George Looked like an absolute idiot there in the audience trying to look "original" (fact)
Hugh Jackman can't flipping sing worth a darn (fact)
I hate the world (opinion)
Stupid Idina has sung that stupid songs thousands of times. Shes stupid (opinion)

Being negitive makes people sad (opinion)

Its Aberqurque NM for me. Speaking Spanish. Be Back September 06.

Plum
#22re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/8/04 at 8:38pm

Once again, the lines between fact, opinion, and fanatical conviction get horribly blurred...

Chrysanthemum62001
#23re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/11/04 at 2:23pm

Okay, I know I'm about a week late on this subject but due to bad sircumstances, I've had to wait to display my opinions.
First of all, I wanted Raul to win!!! But, I do love the guy who was in Assassins (can't remember his name right now...), and the show is so great, plus he was nominated before and didn't win-and, like he said, Raul will eventually get one. I have been out of the theatre world for a little while, so does anyone know if there is still talks of The Normal Heart moving to Broadway sometimes in August??? I could see him being nominated for that.
Second of all, I think Hugh Jackman is sexy as much as everyone else does, but...HUNTER FOSTER deserved that Tony!!! I was so mad when Hugh won because I just don't think the show/performance was that great. What about Urinetown and Little Shop??!!
And the last thing...can we say "Way to go Avenue Q"!!! I mean damn, I honestly thought they had no chance against Wicked, but honestly, Avenue Q was way more original. I couldn't actually believe it when they won! It was crazy!!!
Yay to a great Tony Awards Show!!!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#24re: Nothin' But POSITIVE Tony Facts (and some opinions)!!
Posted: 6/11/04 at 2:36pm

Orange is a color (fact)
Orange is the prettiest color ever (opinion)

And although thinking positively makes us all feel good, thinking critically actually does the most good.

Just a thought.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

Videos