I'm new here

GretchaSketh
#0I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 4:46pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I just thought I'd say hi. I am very jealous of all of you who have seen Wicked. I am dying to see it but I like in California and I don't think I'll be getting to NY anytime soon. Does anyone know how long Idina and Kristin will be playing the title roles?? I have to see it before they leave. Anyway, I was really happy to find this place:)
Gretchen

What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!

FindingNamo
#1re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 4:52pm

We're really glad you found this place, too! As you can tell, this board exists for fans of Wicked (who've seen it or not!) to gather together in a virtual community of like-minded individuals to talk everything Wicked! It's so much fun. We discuss every single aspect of the show, and the experience of seeing the show, our laughter, our tears, our attempts to meet members of the cast as well as keeping a record of this show's very important history.

Did you know, for instance, that before Wicked came to Broadway, it played in California! It's true, it played in San Francisco just last Spring. Or maybe winter. Anyway, people saw it there and loved it and the love just snowballed until it rolled all the way to New York and opened as a big green hit!

So, like I said, welcome to the world of Wicked! I know you haven't seen it yet, but what do you think you're going to love about it the most when you do?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

GretchaSketh
#2re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:06pm

Thanks for such a welcome. It's great to meet such nice people here:) Well, when I do get to see the show I am so excited to see Idina and Kristin. I am such a huge Idina fan. I've never seen her or Kristin actually perform but I have so many CD's and am constantly listening to them. Idina has the voice I always wanted. I love hearing her sing. I grew up always wanting that voice that could belt but I've never really been able to. So whenever I hear someone with the voice I always dreamed of having I become attached :) I love the music in the show as well. I also really want to understand the story better. Maybe someone here can help me with that. Through listening to the music I didn't get why she turned wicked. When Galinda says "just say you're sorry" What had she done?? And in The Wizard and I she says "This weird quirk I've tried to suppress or hide is a talent that could help me meet the wizard" What talent is she talking of. I haven't actually been able to find a full summery of the plot only a short one which doesn't give all the info. Well, maybe I'll be able to get to NY at some point while Idina and Kristin are still in the show. I am hoping to go to Grad school at Columbia so we'll see :)

What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!
Updated On: 6/9/04 at 05:06 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#3re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:07pm

Obviously, there are those who are just a tad touchy about a current hit show dominating the topics on the board (like it's something new). Welcome to the board. Have fun. And if you want to discuss Wicked, expect more responses of a similar nature from Namo and a few others around here. Obviously, there are plenty of people who would like to talk about Wicked and there are people who would not. It's no big deal.

I've got tickets for Wicked, Avenue Q and Dracula for next month and I'm very excited to see all of them.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
#4re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:11pm

Welcome GretchaSketch!
As Namo pointed out so eloquently, you may feel free to discuss shows other than Wicked.
Doing so is always a welcome change.

I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!

BroadwayKelly Profile Photo
BroadwayKelly
#5re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:26pm

Welcome Gretcha!
Ignore some of the sarcasm you find here. It is truly exhausting, and really, wanna-be writers, actors, and comedians do need their medium to test out their material.

I'm glad you're so passionate about this musical. Idina is staying (for now) until January 2nd, but Kristin is leaving July 18th! Getting tickets is near impossible unless you go to the box office and try before a show. Sometimes you can get a ticket.

I live in Colorado and am going again (2nd time) in July! It is possible, and truly worth the experience!

Again, welcome and have fun!

"NYC....what is it about you? You're big! You're loud! You're tough! NYC...I go years without you...then I...can't get.....enough!" from Annie

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#6re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:29pm

Welcome! If u want to see Kristin i believe she is leaving in july (around the 20th not sure of the date) but i hear Idina is signed til Jan. of '05.

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

Tiny_Dancer Profile Photo
Tiny_Dancer
#7re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:30pm

You know...Maybe if the Wicked site would just open up a forum (which currently I don't think it has) there wouldn't be so many threads here. Don't get me wrong a few tid bits of info on the best show on Broadway, opps that was AVE Q, would be fine, but really. Rehash is never truely appreciated.

Oh yeah welcome Gretcha

Do Something!!!! www.one.org
Updated On: 6/9/04 at 05:30 PM

MusicPos2 Profile Photo
MusicPos2
#8re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:32pm

If you get them far enough in advance, it's pretty easy to get them through Ticket Master. It will probably be a LITTLE easier once Kristin leaves, but it will still sell out. Also, when they say that for now Idina will be in to Jan 2, that's just the end of her contract. She has no plans (that anyone knows of) to leave the show as of now.

GretchaSketh
#9re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:34pm

Awe, I hate that Kristin's leaving. I really wanted to see them together. Why isn't she staying longer. I figured she would stay at least a year. Well, I hope to get their before Jan. I think that is possible. Thanks for the info:)

What is your dream role?

judy_in_disguise
#10re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:34pm

haha BroadwayKelly you're so right (and I love the icon, by the way).

WELCOME!!
And sorry.....Kristin's leaving the show July 18th (in case you haven't figured it out by all the threads on the matter yet). I'm going for the first time on the 31st and I'm quite dissapointed!! I'm also seeing Avenue Q though :).
Wicked's coming to Toronto soon, so who knows- there's a chance it could come out to where you are too!

FindingNamo
#11re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:35pm

Kristin knows that idol hands are the devil's playground so she keeps busy busy busy.

~FloweryFriend~
#12re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:38pm

Namo, I'm shocked. Did you just make a spelling error?

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#13re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:40pm

Hello and welcome GretchaSketh! Have fun posting and try to ignor ths scarcasim. As you can see Kristin is leaving in July as is Norbert. Idina and Joel Grey are signed on until Jan. 05'. So I hope that you can make it out to see it soon! Once again welcome!
B

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

GretchaSketh
#14re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:43pm

So I can tell that there are quite a few New Yorkers here. What other plays have you guys seen. I'm sure you have long lists:) How many times have you guys seen Wicked? Has it lost anything after seening it a few times??

What is your dream role?

GretchaSketh
#15re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:45pm

Who is taken over Kristin's part??

What is your dream role?

~FloweryFriend~
#16re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:48pm

I'm from the midwest and have never seen Wicked or most of the other things currently on Broadway.

Laura Bell Bundy, Kristin's current understudy, will replace her.

Here's a tip: there's a search function on these boards, so you can look at where we may have already posted answers to your questions. It'll get you accurate answers a lot faster.

GretchaSketh
#17re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:50pm

Thanks for the tip:) As you can tell I don't know the ropes yet. I greatly appriciate all tips anyone has for me:)

What is your dream role?

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#18re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 5:59pm

Wilkommen
Bienvenue
Welcome!

Have a good time posting!

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

tennis85 Profile Photo
tennis85
#19re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 6:08pm

BTW, in "Defying Gravity," Glinda has already changed her name. It is NOT GAlinda anymore...

Ropes? What ropes?

"I'm gonna jump! Don't do it! Okay!"

GretchaSketh
#20re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 6:13pm

huh, interesting. I didn't realize she changed her name. Told you there were a lot of things I didn't know about the show. I thought I was crazy cause I was looking at the words to the songs and I swore that it said Galinda but then I looked at Defying Gravity and it said Glinda. I missed the part where she changes her name. You don't really get that from just the music.

What is your dream role?

~FloweryFriend~
#21re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 6:14pm

Check your PM box. The link I sent you explains everything.

GretchaSketh
#22re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 6:34pm

Thanks for that link!! It explained so much. But I didn't read the spoilers cause I want to see it. I like the story even more now:)

What is your dream role?

FindingNamo
#23re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 8:06pm

You're right, FF, I did! I THOUGHT about the spelling too! Must be all that American Idle stuff everybody is always writing about around here. And another time, I thought I completely made up the word Iowa.

And GretchaSketch, I think your name is cool.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#24re: I'm new here
Posted: 6/9/04 at 8:36pm

BroadwayDiva, twice in one day?! What are you trying to do to me?? lol, I'm kidding.

Like she said,
Willkommen.
Bienvenue.
Welcome.

Happy posting!!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos