Frankenstein The Musical

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#0Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 6/27/03 at 5:47pm

This is not the upcoming Mel Brooks movie but a musical based on the Shelly novel. Go to their website & listen to some of the music. A demo cd of the entire score is on sale at Amazon.com for $ 8.99 plus postage. I ordered mine last night. For the price, it is worth the money

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 6/27/03 at 05:47 PM

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#1re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 6/27/03 at 6:07pm

is this the demo featuring the Olivier and Tony winning Schuler from OKLAHOMA?!?!

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#2re: re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 6/27/03 at 6:09pm

I am not sure. All the info is on their website

Poster Emeritus

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#3re: re: re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 6/27/03 at 6:24pm

A link the their website might be a little helpful...as I am too lazy to put in a search.

I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!
Updated On: 6/27/03 at 06:24 PM

#4re: re: re: re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 6/27/03 at 6:35pm

Yes it's Rutherford of Les Miz! and Schuler

Here's the link
FRANKENSTEIN THE MUSICAL

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#5re: re: re: re: re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 6/27/03 at 6:49pm

Is this a version that might be coming to Broadway?!?!?

Thanks!!!

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"

Dollypop
#6re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 6/27/03 at 7:11pm

What a bizarre choice for musical material. What's next? HINDENBURG: THE MUSICAL? (Imagine the hit tune, "Who Knew That Helium Would Burn?")

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#7re: re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 6/28/03 at 12:20pm

i just think it's in the multi-DRACULA/multi-DORIAN GREY/JEKYLL & HYDE vein of "musical gothic thrillers"...the show has been in regional development a while, I'm sure they'd bring it in with enough investment. Heard the demo and no lightning struck my neck bolts, however....those two can sing like Prometheus regardless....

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8re: re: re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 7/1/03 at 7:14pm

Just received my copy from Amazon.com. It has 21 tracks & is almost 80 minutes long. Will let you know what I think of it after I listen to it.

Poster Emeritus

Butch2
#9re: re: re: re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 7/1/03 at 11:13pm

It was hydrogen, Dollypop.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#10re: re: re: re: re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 7/2/03 at 6:55am

Re Hindenberg The Musical. What a gas . It was a hot show . Explosive ending etc etc

Poster Emeritus

lensman Profile Photo
lensman
#11re: re: re: re: re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 7/2/03 at 10:19am

>It was hydrogen, Dollypop.

I know this is geeky, but they actually had a guy who proved it wasn't the hydrogen that destroyed the Hindenburg. One, hydrogen burns blue and the fire was a red fireball. Two, hydrogen burns "up" so to speak, so it would have escaped out the top of the dirigable. He proved that some of the panels weren't properly grounded and the "dope" used to stregthen the fabric was in fact known to be highly flammable (the owners of the Hindenburg planned to replace the fabric at the dirigable's next maintenance stop) So a static discharge from the thunderstorm actually set a panel on fire and the rest is history. The hydrogen did burn... but not until the burning panels set it on fire.

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: Frankenstein The Musical
Posted: 7/2/03 at 10:24am

Producers are really starting to cash in on monster and horror musicals, I guess DOTV started a trend!!! I don't mind though, I love scary musicals, even if they come out with another musical spoof!!! Has anyone heard an update on "Dracula The Musical"?!?!?

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"

Videos