Just got 'Assassins' CD

BroadwayBoy2005 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2005
#0Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 11:03am

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to drop by and say that I just got the 2004 prod cast recording of 'Assassins'. Little did I know it just came out yesterday because that's when I got it and didn't figure out til today I was one of the first to get it! (That's an accomplishment for me) I live in Arkansas, so there's no way I would have ever gotten to see it before it closed, but OMG, I LOVE this CD!!!!!!!! I know it was performed on the Tony's, but the reprise of 'Everybody's Got The Right" is my favorite song. Anyway, just thought I'd share!!!

BTW, something I noticed on the CD says that the musical director is Paul Gemignani, and playing the part of John Hinckley is Alexander Gemignani. I'm sure there's a relation in that, but what is it? Thanks!
-bb2005 Updated On: 8/4/04 at 11:03 AM

wally
#1re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 11:07am

Alex is Paul's son.

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#2re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 11:10am

Yes, Paul is the musical director for most of Sondheim's shows, and there was a rumor that Alex got the part because of Paul. Both deny this, and it doesn't really matter now, because he was just as good as the rest of the cast.

cocoloco
#3re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 2:32pm

is anyone else totally annoyed by the obnoxious little boy who sings in "something just broke?" that song is so beautiful and that kid's voice is so grating and his phrasing is totally overdramatic. ARGH. it drives me crazy, he is so loud.

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#4re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 3:07pm

nice call coco..he irritated me in the theatre too.
hmmm would a 9-year-old, or whatever he is, be bawling because a president was killed?? i think not. he was entirely too emotional.

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#5re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 3:10pm

Leo,

Are you kidding? I'd venture to say that most everyone bawled when Kennedy was killed. My mother didn't stop crying for three days.

However, that kid was dreadfully annoying, so I won't argue this point too much with you re: Just got 'Assassins' CD

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

leomaxfrank
#6re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 3:16pm

oooh robbie, out to heckle me today darling :)

i don't know- i guess you could be right.
but would someone that age really understand all
that the nation had to endure? the hope that was lost, etc.?

Updated On: 8/4/04 at 03:16 PM

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#7re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 3:28pm

Don't you watch AMERICAN DREAMS???

leomaxfrank
#8re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 3:36pm

can't say that i do...what is it?

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#9re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 3:43pm

Omigod...LEO!!

It's one of my favorite shows on television! It takes place in Philly during the turbulent 60's and features Meg, a spunky, cute 16-year-old blond who dances on AMERICAN BANDSTAND, as well as her family. Her sexy-ass parents send her to Catholic school, with her nerdy (but lovable) sister, her gimp brother (but he just had surgery to reverse the effects of polio...watch out for those public pools) and her HOT AS HELL older brother JJ, who lost his football scholarship and is now in Vietnam. Every possible social issue is broached and it's GENIUS! And her best friend, Roxanne, is a hoot.

What was I talking about? Oh right...so, the first episode took place right when Kennedy was killed and EVERYBODY bawled. I mean...in fetuses were in tears!

#10re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 5:44pm

Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to buy this puppy today.

SMichaelK Profile Photo
SMichaelK
#11re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 8:30pm

I quite enjoy the new voice of zangara... in the OOBC recording the guy who played like zangara reminded me of Bronson Pinchot in Perfect strangers... So much nicer.

You, you are the worst thing to happen to musical theater since Andrew Lloyd Webber... and you I just don't like you.

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#12re: Just got 'Assassins' CD
Posted: 8/4/04 at 10:01pm

Yes, Jeffrey Kuhn as Zangara shines on CD as he did in the theater. Somehow he got generally overlooked in this talented cast which is a shame.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

Videos