Wicked in the mail

#0Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 5:03pm

Has anybody ever sent things to the Gershwin theatre for something to be signed by a cast member and then they mail it back to you? Do you think they really sign it or someone just forges it?

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#1re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:09pm

I think it would be hilarious if they forged it and the Wicked freaks fell for it!!!

idinaroxmysox6 Profile Photo
idinaroxmysox6
#2re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:15pm

lol, i was thinking about it cuz of the whole incident..dissapointed idina @ stagedoor.. that was me.. but behind my back, my sis wrote a letter 2 the gershwin..asking 4 an autograph 4 me by idina like yesterday..so well see..

Morrible: Yes, yes, of course! Oh, You must be Miss Nessarose, the governor's daughter. What a tragically beautiful face you have! Sees Elphaba, snorts...And you must be. Elphaba: I'm the other daughter. Elphaba. I'm beautifully tragic. Morrible: Yes, yes, I'm sure you're very bright. Galinda: Bright? She's phosphorescent. i love wicked!

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#3re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:17pm

Why are poeple in this world so facinated by autographs? It's just scribbles on a piece of paper. Getting to talk to them or see them up close I understand but why autographs?

idinaroxmysox6
#4re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:24pm

well maybe b/c u cant hang a conversation on your wall.. sorry if that sounds offensive... but i dunno?

Morrible: Yes, yes, of course! Oh, You must be Miss Nessarose, the governor's daughter. What a tragically beautiful face you have! Sees Elphaba, snorts...And you must be. Elphaba: I'm the other daughter. Elphaba. I'm beautifully tragic. Morrible: Yes, yes, I'm sure you're very bright. Galinda: Bright? She's phosphorescent. i love wicked!

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#5re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:28pm

WickedIsLife, all I know is that Kristin and Chris didn't forge, and I don't think Idina did

but I'm pretty sure it's not forged

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

idinaroxmysox6
#6re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:33pm

that would be soo NOT cool.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#7re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:36pm

Well Chris I knwo for sure didn't forge (cuz he's cool that way, and in every way), and I never got anything back from Idina so I can't say anything bout her

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#8re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:36pm

I got a nice note and personalized picture from Michelle Federer. And 2 days ago I got a signed colored picture of Idina. I am sorta doubtful that idina really did sign it...but it's still cool to have.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#9re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:38pm

really? I wrote to Idina in summer and she never replied- but I don't care cuz Chris sent me an autographed picture with a note on the back...I have it framed...don't ask

idinaroxmysox6
#10re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:38pm

chinkie..when did u send those in? and how long did it ke 4 them 2 come back?

chinkie azn jai
#11re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:41pm

I sent the letter to Idina at the beginning of either spring or summer of this year and i just got a response about 2 days ago. It took about 2-3 weeks for Michelle to respond back.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#12re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:43pm

hmm so I might get something from Idina? since I sent in the summer?

but w.e Chris was enough for me
ooh but I want to write to Michelle

broadwayguy2
#13re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:45pm

why would anyone spend the money on a stamp to mail ANYTHING to Idina???

idinaroxmysox6
#14re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:49pm

maybe. that'd be awsome...i think michelle is really sweet.. but she also went 2 my camp so that is just even cooler!.."why would ne 1 spend money on a stamp (or smthing ) to idina?:" B/C IDINA IS THE COOLEST (and shes an amazing actress/musician etc.. and she has a GREAT voice)!! and i like her alot!..get the pt.now why ppl do that? were fans man! shes like my idol..

chinkie azn jai
#15re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:56pm

I only sent a letter to Idina because I adore her voice and shes going to be a BIG star too (especially after the Rent movie)...not that it matters anyways.

ElphieZ
#16re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:54pm

I sent idina a letter and an SASE three months ago and got a 5x7 color pic of her in Defying Gravity yesterday. I doubt someone else forged it...at least I hope not! It was a nice surprise to an otherwise rainy day!

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#17re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:56pm

i sent idina a letter at the end of august and havent gotten anything back yet.i included a SASE and all. i wrote kristin chenoweth in may and didnt get anything but i didnt include a SASE.

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"
Updated On: 12/29/04 at 07:56 PM

ElphieZ
#18re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 8:00pm

I think it depends on who gets the mail and what mood they are in. I'd sent Idina something before and never got a response--and I even included my Playbill and a printed picture! Luck of the draw perhaps?

I think there is still hope for a response. Most likely the mail gets tossed into a box for a response when there is time...but most likely in no particular order (meaning, the earlier ones might stay at the bottom for a while before being dug up!)

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#19re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 10:11pm

Idina signs a ton of the pictures then when she receives letters from fans, she just adds To whomever.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#20re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/29/04 at 10:27pm

I like autographs because it is another momento for those who don't live in the city, and may not go to Broadway that often (and who forget their cameras). But I wouldn't go crazy over one.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

OneLastRefrain2
#21re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/30/04 at 12:40am

so in the Wicked cast, I've written to George Hearn, who I heard back from literally in 5-days... he is a family friend of mine but still he was FAST. Earlier, I wrote to Idina and Kristin at the same time. I'd heard that Idina was really unreliable (i sent both of them a SASE), so I didn't want to include a Playbill cause I knew I'd never get it back. But I sent Kristin a playbill and said "It would be awesome if you could get anyone else to sign it too (exact words)"... and I got it back a month later with her signature and a note, Norbert's signature, William Youmans, Chris Fitzgerald, Michelle, Carole Shelley, and the most funny to me was that Idina signed it too-- personalized. but she never sent me back the thing I sent directly to her. So maybe if you want something from her, send it to someone else and ask them to get her to sign it (haha kinda bizarre to me).

OneLastRefrain2
#22re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/30/04 at 12:43am

but now that I think about it, what do autographs even mean? It's not like the person that's signing it has any connection to you or even knows who you are. And if you send away for it, it's not like you've even met them and it's a token to remember...
autographs seem kinda pointless

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#23re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/30/04 at 12:49am

I wrote to her the middle November because my sister is a fan of hers from Rent and likes Defying Gravity. I got a signed picture back from Idina on December 24th (good timing eh?). It looks just like my playbill when I got that signed back in November of '03

Edit: I was surprised I got anything because of all the threats, it came out about a week or two after I sent it so I didnt expect anything.

Also, my mother wrote both Kristin and Idina and included a birthday card for me. (It was after a thread about how people wrote to the performers - I actaully never even thought about it) I found it interesting and told her. It was sweet of her, and a complete surprise. Literally a week later (according to her) we got it back with the card signed and two personalized pictures of both of them - one of Kristin from No One Mourns.. and Idina's was from The Wizard and I. She was so excited she got a response she gave me the present a month early!

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!
Updated On: 12/30/04 at 12:49 AM

OneLastRefrain2
#24re: Wicked in the mail
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:23am

I wonder why Idina decides to respond to some immediately and to some like ... 18 months later.

Videos