Britney Spears' quote

IdinaFan34
#50re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:46pm

Thats right Fosse, you praise our girl Idina, she is worth every POSITIVE statement!!

FosseBoi
#51re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:49pm

Hell ya hun!lol! Are you on So Beautiful? If you arnt, "I'd be suprised"!That was corny, sorry!lol

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#52re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:49pm

nightlaughs - i'd agree with that, if not for the fact that then i don't see why the producers would cast randy harrison or jmac in their roles. unless it was meant to be preventative measures and they smartened up and realized they don't need stunt casting yet.

Comma, there are so many things wrong with that...I just...I won't even....

You know, I may get flamed for this, but if death is not an option and we had to choose a role for Britney, I could see her playing Roxie in Chicago. The role isn't vocally demanding, but her dance skills need to be pretty good - and frankly, Britney can DANCE.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

FosseBoi
#53re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:53pm

She CAN dance, but NOT NOT NOT FOSSE!!!!! Bob Fosse would role over in his grave if that happend!AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

wicked1
#54re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:54pm

I remember watching a biography on Britney once and it was said that she had been in an off-Broadway production. I believe it was called Ruthless. She was much younger then. Did anyone happen to see it or hear about it? Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Britney has any business on the Broadway stage. I just happened to recall that she has done some theatre work in the past.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#55re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:04pm

I also saw her say in an interview on MTV back in 1999: "Before a show, I like to go into a quiet room and just scream. It opens up my vocal cords." Britney rocks!

She won't be rockin' long if she continues to treat her vocal cords like that.

Maybe she can play the scarecrow in THE WIZARD OF OZ: "If I only had a brain..."

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#56re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:07pm

Bahhhhhahahaa

FosseBoi
#57re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:09pm

HAHA!!!!! Who could be the tin man and Cowardly lion?

Type_A_Tiff
#58re: Britney Spears' quote

BlueWizard, I want to sleep with your avatar. That is all.

(Oh, and one more thing, FosseBoi, who knows. Maybe she can dance to Fosse. And then she'd be fence-hopping worthy. *mouth goes dry*)

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#59re: Britney Spears' quote

I saw RUTHLESS! but with the original lead, Laura Bell Bundy. She was 12 at the time and I remember being so impressed that a someone so young could play such a demanding role. Britney replaced her and she was only 10 at the time, so there has to be some talent there. The show was a camp musical version of THE BAD SEED.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Type_A_Tiff
#60re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:12pm

Didn't Natalie Portman also understudy that role?

I've seen clips of Britney singing on Star Search - as a kid, she really had a lot of potential - her pipes were actually better then than they are now!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#61re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:16pm

It's true, Tiff - I've seen old clips of her on The Mickey Mouse Club too, and she had that big powerful voice. Hard to know what happened - could be the old Sarah Jessica Parker syndrome - that as her voice matured, it weakened. Or, it could be that the music she has been singing has damaged her cords somehow. Actually, the best singing I've heard from her in the past few years was when she sang Walk This Way with Aerosmith at the Super Bowl halftime show. She really rocked on that, and I was hoping that her managers/record company would pick up on it and have her work on a CD of more rock-y songs. Obviously, that didn't happen.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Type_A_Tiff
#62re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:20pm

Well, she tried to do "I Love Rock N Roll", but then she groaned and moaned and weenied on it instead of rocking it.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#63re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:21pm

I thought that was the only good thing about Crossroads, actually.

Type_A_Tiff
#64re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:23pm

It was the best thing in Crossroads, but that's not saying much about Crossroads.

She also did a cover of Satisfaction - and that wasn't pretty.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#65re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:26pm

I guess I didn't hear the Satisfaction cover, or it wasn't memorable. Again, I wonder if her "handlers" have much to do with how she performed those songs - how she was directed and how the music was played. There has to be a way to get that Walk This Way-ness back...not only did she sound great, she seemed like she was loving every second of it.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#66re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:28pm

I love Britney's cover of Satisfaction. I love everything she does and I think she would be amazing in the right show. I don't understand why people hate someone they don't know. Jealousy?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Type_A_Tiff
#67re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:35pm

I vaguely remember the Walk This Way performance. Was that when she wore that sock as an arm band?

Munku:

1) Was that directed at me? I already said she'd be cool as Roxie, and I adore Toxic.

2) Are you joking???

munkustrap178
#68re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:37pm

No, it wasn't directed to you at all and I'm not joking. I don't understand what people have against her. Even if people did love her, most wouldn't admit it because she's this huge guilty pleasure - why do people have to be embarassed to like her?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#69re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:39pm

oh come on guys she's the next G(a)linda!

But seriously, if she would do anything I think she would be good as an ensemble member. Dancing not singing. I see her in a cabaret type show.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

munkustrap178
#70re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:42pm

If Britney Spears came to Broadway she wouldn't be in the emsemble. The should would have to revolve around her and she would have to be the star. I just can't see her coming to Broadway, unless she produces the show herself, which is likely - who can actually afford to pay her what she would require? Not very many. My ex is one of her dancers (or was, now that she's not doing anything) and he knows that Britney wanted to produce and star in MY FAIR LADY, so who knows...

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#71re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:45pm

wow my fair lady. i could see her attempting to act like she has bad speaking skills. Interesting.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

wicked1
#72re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:46pm

I don't think it's that everyone HATES Britney. I think a lot of people on this thread actually like her. They just don't think she should be on the Broadway stage. She's obviously good at what she does. She's made more money than most of us will ever see doing it. That doesn't mean she should be on Broadway and take roles away from the people who have the type of talent that is needed for the Broadway stage. Yes, she would sell a lot of tickets. And yes, it would get another group of people into the theatre and expose them to it. However, putting her talents aside, if she doesn't even realize that the west end isn't a "small" place to start, she has no business being there.

insomniak
#73re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:47pm

Munkustrap, I for one am not insulting Britney the Person because I don't know her, I just don't think her acting and singing abilities can meet the demands of broadway. Maybe if she had a certain kind of role written for her she could carry it off, but I don't see her taking and doing well in a really tough part that requires an incredible range. I'm not a fan of her music personally, but I don't mind people who are.

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#74re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 11:49pm

I will admit i was an a brit fan in the 8th grade. ::my first concert, oh baby baby: and I used to think she was the greatest. But, as she progressed she basically gave herself a bad name by the things she did, or supposedly did. Why is it that Christina Aguilera was also skanky but no one really cared? She kissed Madonna too. haha But honestly I saw crossroads and I don't think she is good at acting.

Videos