Musical Theatre and Weddings

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#0Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:12pm

Has anyone had or know someone that has had musical theatre songs or anything in their weddings? On my wedding invitation at the bottom, it says:

"I've Longed To Discover Something as True as This Is"
--Jonathan Larson

We are also having someone sing "Unexpected Song" during the wedding. So, anyone else have anything to add to this thread? Musical Theatre and Weddings

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

apdarcey
#1re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:14pm

great... simply great

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#2re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:16pm

Ya got to throw in "i love to cry at weddings" and getting married today

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

musicgal04 Profile Photo
musicgal04
#3re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:17pm

My best friend's uncle had "I'll Cover You" played at his wedding. Funny thing is his side of the family is ultra-conservative and had no idea that in the context of the show it was sung by two men. We had a quiet laugh.

commasplice
#4re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:17pm

My aunt had someone sing "All I Ask of You" (from POTO) at her wedding.

brdlwyr
#5re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:18pm

Not mine, but "Sunrise Sunset."

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#6re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:18pm

Well, that quote that we are using comes from "I'll Cover You" and the only people in my family that know the context of that song are my fiancee and I. My dad (who is marrying us) would probably have a heart attack if he knew that that line was sung by two gay guys to each other.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

ashbash6819 Profile Photo
ashbash6819
#7re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:31pm

i dont know anyone that has played a musical song at their wedding but i want to play "come save me" from Boy From Oz and "all i ask of you" from phantom at mine

"Where are we headed? Judy- "Over the god-damn rainbow"- Boy from Oz

Derech2
#8re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:34pm

I know a couple who sange "All I Ask of You" at their wedding. The groom started singing at the front and then the bride sang it as she walked down the aisle.

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

musicaltheatreman
#9re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:36pm

i have always wanted the song "take me as i am" from jekel and hyde sung at my wedding! :)

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#10re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:40pm

I was going to sing a song but I am scared that I am going to start crying and not be able to finish, so I gave that task to someone else. re: Musical Theatre and Weddings

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#11re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:45pm

I've always wanted to go to a wedding where they sang "Another Wedding Song" from Closer Than Ever. It's sweet.
Other good songs for weddings:
I Love to Cry at Weddings (Sweet Charity)
Marry Me a Little (Company)
We Make a Beautiful Pair (Shenandoah)
There Will Never Be Another Love (Heisler & Goldrich)
hmm

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#12re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:51pm

I helped plan my friend wedding two years ago.. It was completely musical theatre, we had a lighting designer, and a set designer for the reception. There was a live band and people singing.. it was really fabulous..

"All work and no smut makes Cammy lose her edge." ~DG

"Someday I'm going to have a baby and I'm gonna name her L'il Mimi Marquez and I and will sing to her every day and when she's a toddler I will say "L'il Mimi Marquez, clad only in a bubble diaper, will perform her famous play pen handcuff dance to the sounds of breast milk being pumped!" ~Kringas

CatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
#13re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:53pm

At my local community theatre, there were two people who actually got married in the theatre on stage....
The whole ceremony was themed around broadway, so they played alot of broadway songs...
the opening song was "The Keys to the Vaults of Heaven"
The alleuia was the one from Sound of Music

Was that a fat joke?

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#14re: Musical Theatre and Weddings
Posted: 1/29/05 at 11:04pm

My mom and dad had Sunrise, Sunset and One Hand, One Heart sung at their wedding. I am going to too! Just in their honor and because I love those songs of course.

Videos