Shoot..what's that song??

BombayDreamsFanatic
#0Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:47pm

Hey,I know this show is kinda old and I know I'm really annoying BUT what is that song for the Beauty Pageant from Bombay Dreams? I don't remember and I don't think it's on the soundtrack.

Anyone Know?

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#1re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:09pm

Uh...is it Shakalaka somethin?

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

#2re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:12pm

Shakalaka Baby is from the scene in which they are trying to film a movie.

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#3re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:16pm

BOMBAY DREAMS is "kinda old"?? Thank heavens you didn't ask a question about LA LA LUCILLE!

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#4re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 1/30/05 at 8:19pm

The beauty pageant song went like this:

lovely lovely ladies
each one is a winner
judges will go crazy
making their decision

(random indian chanting)

It goes something like that - I guess it's called LOVELY LOVELY LADIES, and no, it's not on the CD because that song didn't exist in London.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BombayDreamsFanatic
#5re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 2/2/05 at 3:15pm

NO,that was for the movie.

BombayDreamsFanatic
#6re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 2/2/05 at 3:16pm

umm..ok

BombayDreamsFanatic
#7re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 2/2/05 at 3:17pm

Wow,you actually remebered. Thank Heavens! Yeah I realixe it's not on the CD I would have loved to listen to it. Updated On: 2/15/06 at 03:17 PM

BSoBW2
#8re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 2/2/05 at 3:23pm

LOVELY LOVELY LADIES....?

Can we say RIP RIP OFF?

Love4Cheno Profile Photo
Love4Cheno
#9re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 2/2/05 at 3:24pm

That song isn't on the cd, but you can get a recording of it. Most of the songs from Bombay Dreams are recycled AR Rahman songs that he wrote for Bollywood films. For example, Love's Never Easy is "Ishqe Bina" (spelling?) Same melody, new English lyrics.

"Lovely Lovely Ladies" is an English version of a song called "Rang De".

http://preppylife.tumblr.com/

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#10re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 2/2/05 at 4:22pm

I liked the London production way better...
How could they cut "Like an Eagle"?!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Love4Cheno Profile Photo
Love4Cheno
#11re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 2/2/05 at 4:52pm

They assume NY audiences are dumb and unfamiliar with Bollywood (as opposed to Londoners who have a long history with India.) Please, everyone I know knows exactly what Bollywood is.

Thank God they nixed the idea of having 2 American tourists in the show to "explain" Bombay to the audience. How insulting.

"Like An Eagle" was a much better intro to the character of Akaash- we instantly want him to succeed. "Bollywood" does nothing to serve the character (although despite myself I enjoyed Akaash's rap).

http://preppylife.tumblr.com/

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#12re: Shoot..what's that song??
Posted: 2/2/05 at 5:57pm

The London production was terrible.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Videos