pixeltracker

The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!

The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#0The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:37pm

I give it my vote. The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

BSoBW2
#1re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:38pm

I raise each finger....and toe as a vote!

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#2re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:43pm

i vote yes , so i can hear kelly ohara's voice again.

BSoBW2
#3re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:45pm

if it happened, it wouldn't be with the OBC...sadly....Right now, I'd rather just have a CD of the music, than the OBC...of course, I'd love to have a CD of the OBC....

And every view of this thread counts as a vote, lol

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#4re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:48pm

If you don't want to vote for "Dracula", vote for the life of musical theater, which needs as many recordings as it can get!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

#5re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:50pm

YES!!!! definitely!! but i will not buy a concept recording of it... i think that is totally unfair to the actors. Especially Tom and Chris who have been with it since the beginning. And frankly, the music is not that good. It was these people that made it, it was Tom, Kelli, Melissa, Darren, Shonn, Chris etc. that made the material worth listening to. it would be a crappy album w/o them.

BSoBW2
#6re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:57pm

I personally like the music...

and the recording they were THINKING of was every song from the show plus some extras....song by an amazing cast...

true, i'd much prefer a Cd of the OBC cast - or at least with Tom....who endured the most

#7re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/2/05 at 12:04am

yeah, definitely with tom. i mean the guy left Rocky Horror to work on dracula... like back in 2001. thats a long time to get practically no recognition for it.

i do like some of the music a lot. like "over whitby bay", "the longer i live", "the mist", "theres always a tomorrow". but some of the lyrics are just so ridiculous. in "modern world", melissa's line "and we might feel the same way when we get the vote" hahaha my roomate and i always cringe.

"dont call it a sin/ a mere peccadillo/ two punctures in the skin" oyyyy

"i wish i had wings/ no thats not true" then dont say it in the first place!!!! hahaha

basically all of "how do you choose" (the tra la las.... do u need a halo...)

"and yet...and yet....and yet...." horrible way to end a song

"unless my ears decieve me/someones after us/this is some mothers son".........ummmmmmmmm ok...... haha back to tom and whats actually going on please

hahaha and i loved this show.... i really did....

BSoBW2
#8re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/2/05 at 1:03am

lol, some of the lyrics are greatly amusing - the longer i live - GREATEST song....The Mist is good...Before the summer ends, The Master's Song(s)....The Heart is slow to Learn....Deep in the darkest night....overall, If I could Fly is good...a lot of it is good...

I agree about the pecadillo line and i LOATHE "modern world"

"i wish i had wings/ no thats not true" - not that it makes it much better, but you have to add in: "If I had wings how could I help flying straight to you?" (but at first that bothered me....)

How do you choose? is a funny little song - nothing really meant....

I have been bothered byt the "and yet, and yet, and yet"

The repeats of life after life REALLY isn't bad in the actual show....

unless my ears decieve me/someones after us/this is some mothers son - I believe that she is holding the bad with a baby in it.....and it is crying.....

My FAVORITE bad lyric goes to "The Invitation" (when Dracula kills Lucy) - which thankfully was cut from the show: "My hands are like ice/I am trembling like a wonded sparrow caught in a vice"...hate that one!

Quiet Life and Fresh Blood are pretty good too....lol...and Life after Life, of course....

I do love the immordite (sp?) Nosferatu

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#9re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/2/05 at 1:26am

Never gonna happen.

BSoBW2
#10re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/4/05 at 3:29pm

We (well, I) know...but 'tis nice to dream!

broadwayboy81 Profile Photo
broadwayboy81
#11re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/4/05 at 3:38pm

the original cast (minus errico, who i thought was simply horrendous) was the best thing about dracula. Wildhorn is being very foolish in his hasty decision!

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#12re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/4/05 at 3:38pm

I wish the OBC would get recorded, just so I can hear Tom Hewitt. Question? Isn't there an upcoming recording that was just completed?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#13re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/4/05 at 3:45pm

I'll vote for it...even though I know nothing about this musical. If it gets a good buzz or wins a tony, I'd buy it.....hint to those in charge....

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#14re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/4/05 at 3:47pm

Yes there is a concept recording that is in the mixing stages and shuold be in the stores either the end of feb or early march. The cast and song list has not been announced though.

Rumors are that it is James Barbor and Linda Eder as Dracula and Mina (but this is just speculation).

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

BSoBW2
#15re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/4/05 at 4:01pm

I have a lot of the concept recording - some songs contain Hewitt.

Unfortunately, Wildhorn DOES want the OBc, but it is not feasible. It is very expensive and the producers won't pay for it.

Brandon Profile Photo
Brandon
#16re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/4/05 at 8:46pm

yesssss

Is it written in the stars are we paying for some crime is that all that we are good for just a strand of mortal time-AIDA THE MUSICAL

#17re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/4/05 at 10:16pm

I agree, not like it matters. The cast was the best part, and they were amazing each and every night (well, Melissa not always. Did anyone else think Elizabeth Loyacano was just SUPERB as Mina?!) and SOOOOOO great afterwards. I saw the show multiple times and the last time I saw it before I left the city for Christmas, I gave them all letters (*blushes* I'm so stupid, I know, but I really loved it) and THAT NIGHT, like AS SOON AS I WALKED IN MY ROOM AND CHECKED MY EMAIL, DARREN had emailed me a response! I couldn't believe it! They're good peoples. re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!

And I know I should boycott the recording without them, but... I LOVE James Barbour... Although I don't know how well he'll do as Drac (but knowing him, he's always wonderful hehe), I still wanna hear him. Plus, I do love the music, even with its sometimes ridiculous lyrics.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#18re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/4/05 at 10:18pm

Ain't gonna happen. I just read Chuck Wagner's take on it. You have to see both sides of the issue. Wildhorn will never be accepted by NY critics & this is his life (composing). He has to protect the concept of Dracula as a viable vehicle on US tour & overseas. Asking him or a producer to foot the bill to make an OBC to satisfy purists is a bit unfair. They lost their shirts so why put more money into something that will lose money. Most OBC are not big sellers but a mega bomb would sit there & lay an egg. Wildhorn probaly handled it wrong with the cast but put some blame on work rules etc that made the OBC album too prohibitively expensive.

I wanted an OBC of The Civil War but enjoyed the 2 disc concept album as opposed to no recording @ all.
Don't get me wrong. I would love to have the OBC but will buy the concept album as I loved the music & would rather have this ( more or less a complete work) than no recording at all.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 2/4/05 at 10:18 PM

BSoBW2
#19re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 2/13/05 at 7:33pm

yeah, it is the sad truth...

Not to mention, if the Producers didn't waste their money on ads and the G-d awful TV commercial (which I am sure did nothing), they could have made a CD...

BSoBW2
#20re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 3/12/05 at 6:57pm

WHEN!? WHEN!? WHEN!? HOW MUCH LONGER!?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#21re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 3/12/05 at 7:11pm

Ain't gonna happen as much as I & others want it Get used to it as going on & on about an OBC is like beating a dead horse. I will content myself with the concept CD or whatever they call it. After the reviews, I was shocked any recording would be made with any cast. I see why Wildhorn did it but not explaining why to the cast & apologizing to them was bad form on Wildhorns part. Now he not only has the critics against him he has actors against him to. Doubt you will ever see another Wildhorn show on Broadway again which is a shame as he is, despite what many think , a talented composer

Poster Emeritus

JKM2159
BSoBW2
#23re: The Official Petition for a Dracula Recording with the OBC!
Posted: 3/12/05 at 8:54pm

I still want the studio recording!

Videos