Mourning Taboo...

taboo17
#25re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 9:52pm

I was there the last night, too. It was sad and exciting all at the same time. It was hard to believe that it was the last time we would ever see that wonderfully talented cast in that production. I saw Taboo 4 times and they were all in the last week of its run. I've been thinking about the show all week. I miss Taboo soooooo much, especially Raul singing "Petrified". Loved that show. I'm in mourning, as well.

mebice Profile Photo
mebice
#26re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 10:29pm

Don't even start about this...too sad..I am still hoping it will come back in some shape and form, but it can never be like it was before. I am just happy i got to see it. was and will be the best broadway moment of my life....
tear

"Hold up your head. Never be afraid to shine. Viva la difference in my body and my mind. All out with loneliness Such a waste of time. Come in from the outside" ~ Taboo

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#27re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 10:34pm

I can't believe that it's already one whole year! Feels like just yesterday I was seeing the show for the last time! (Actually, one yr. ago yesterday I saw the show for the last time....ironic!) I wish it was still around, the actors were wonderful and each performance I saw was fantastic! Even though the show's gone, I'm glad for one reason: I met alot of new friends...(bdwaygirl, etc.). Hoping that it comes back in some form or another....

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#28re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 10:46pm

Gah... sorry bout the triple post! tee-hee. i'm SO SAD... waaaaah! i'm gonna listen to the cd for the rest of the week... this is sad. candlight vigil...

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#29re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 10:48pm

*turns on "Petrified"* *pulls out lighter*

Blair
#30re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 10:54pm

A whole run full of fabulous freaks and magical nights summed up in one photograph. From the camera of Marcus...

re: Mourning Taboo...

The first time I saw that photograph, it made me tear up a bit. Updated On: 2/8/05 at 10:54 PM

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#31re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 11:05pm

I love that photo, and the other couple from that set. So bittersweet.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#32re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 11:15pm

wow. those are SO AMAZING. where can you find this set? those pictures are great.

"i hate the way you look at me"
*sways with lighter*

i sniffled a little when i was listening to Safe in the City... I LOOOOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Blair
#33re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 11:26pm

http://www.jeffrey-carlson.com/personalphotos4.html

re: Mourning Taboo... They really are wonderful.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#34re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 11:30pm

This is sad. I'm watching the video of TABOO's final performance as we speak. I don't care that we're not allowed to talk about that on here - it's TABOO's day, I can do what I want. It's so sad. I can't believe it was a year ago...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#35re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 11:36pm

re: Mourning Taboo...
That picture made me really sad.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#36re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 11:39pm

I'm really depressed now, thanks everyone...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Chrysanthemum62001
#37re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/8/05 at 11:45pm

*gasp* Oh My God, that picture is wonderful. I can't believe it. I mean, it's heart breaking. *grabbs tissues* I loved that show! It just now brought a billion memories back.

Oh, yeah...My quote from Taboo... "I f*ckin' love it!"

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL
Updated On: 2/9/05 at 11:45 PM

taboo17
#38re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:21am

..... like the lemon costume. re: Mourning Taboo...

taboo17
#39re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:32am

I'm listening to the Taboo CD for the zillionth time. I'm still thrilled that the show got 4 Tony nominations. Breaks my heart that it closed. Many days I wish I could go on up to the Plymouth again and see Taboo.

Chrysanthemum62001
#40re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:49am

The lemon costume...that was just hot!
A "thank you" to the person who invented thigh high fishnets!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

fiyeros_elphaba Profile Photo
fiyeros_elphaba
#41re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 7:24am

I have the British Cast Recording, should I get the Broadway one too or is it more the less the same?
thanks

*Peter Pan and Tinker Bell-which way to NeverNeverLand?Emerald City's gone to hell,since the Wizard blew off his command!

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#42re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 7:41am

Munk, I did that, too, last night.

fiyeros_elphaba - Definitely get the Broadway cast also. Phenomenal performances by all. You won't be disappointed.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Kelly Profile Photo
Kelly
#43re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 10:07am

I was so busy yesterday that I didn’t realise what day it was until about 11 pm. I’m mourning today... re: Mourning Taboo...

Perfect love, perfect sin...there is no perfect anything.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#44re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 1:04pm

I love Taboo! Awww.
I used to play Guttersnipe on repeat whenever I needed cheering up...

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#45re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 1:11pm

fiyeros_elphaba I would get the broadway cast. There are a bucnh of different songs, different orders to the show, and better orchestrations not to mention raul which is just a huge bonus!!

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#46re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 1:14pm

Yeah, definitely Broadway if you have to pick one. Like umgeoboy said, the orchestrations are better, and I always thought they made it sound more like a Broadway show, whereas London just sounds like a compilation of random people singing Boy George's music. The cast if perfection, and Raúl is obviously godly. The only song on London that's missing on Broadway that I'm sad about is Pie in the Sky, but the songs that Broadway has that London doesn't make up for that. re: Mourning Taboo...

A work of art is an invitation to love.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#47re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 1:16pm

I actually miss independent women from the london cast. I love that song but it was cut from the broadway version for a reason, it did not fit the story line.

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#48re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 3:55pm

i love both recordings

Mimi Imfurst
#49re: Mourning Taboo...
Posted: 2/9/05 at 4:03pm

yes, i loved both shows, for what they each had to offer. Broadway needed a Taboo, and they got it. Unfortunitly we also needed an off-broadway taboo reminisant of the london production. WHY?!????????????? CHRISTINA?! I really missed Petal in the broadway version, but hated the story in london. There were things I loved about it, but largely impossible. Why would the mother move in and open a clothing line with Kim. Completely rediculous. I think another re-write is in order.

One of the things that I loved about the London production was the guy who played Philip. Although I LOVE Raul and think he's amazing, the guy in london was more accurate to the depiction of Philip. Sorry Raul.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com