URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#0URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:07am

The marquis was put up tonight.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#1re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:08am

brilliant.

effing brilliant!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

ACTlete676 Profile Photo
ACTlete676
#2re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:09am

HAHHAHAHHA

how long did that take you?

I love it!

Who says blondes have more fun on the French Riviera?

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#3re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:09am

I heard Jeff Bridges just broke his liver bones and they're going to replace him with Tom Arnold.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:13am

re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#5re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:14am

Is it Kristin or Idina that will play the Morgan Freeman role?

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

commasplice
#6re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:17am

Munk, you win the Internets.

Dextrous Existence
#7re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:19am

Me oh my...I love it!

Matt_G- I heard a rumor that Eden is quitting Brooklyn to be Idina's standby again for this show.

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#8re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld

hilarious!

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#9re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld

Idina is so versatile. She's already played a green girl, why can't she play an old boxing coach? And Kristin will be perfect for Morgan Freeman's role. Color-blind casting at it's best.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#10re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:23am

I believe Munk planned it for Kristin to star in Morgan's role, but I could be wrong.

Actually, Idina's role is so vocally demanding, the producers have brought in several women as stanbys: Eden, Shoshana, and Saycon.

Hilary Duff may make a guest appearance, if it isn't past her bedtime.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#11re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:25am

Idina can play the Morgan Freeman role.

I hear she's got a black man inside her that's dying to get out.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#12re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:26am

:O

Brilliant, Matty. effing Brilliant.

awkward.

Dextrous Existence
#13re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:30am

How true you are, Matt.

Also, this just in from the NYTimes:
"When researching for Morgan Freeman's character, Idina Menzel's commitment to this project is unstoppable. She has decided to grow out her leg hair to it's full extent."

FosseBoi
#14re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:33am

This show is going to be AMAZING! I heard Brittney Spears is going to play the female boxer.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

munkustrap178
#15re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:37am

Menzel and Chenoweth will not be switching roles. Chenoweth is Freeman's role.

FosseBoi: No, Britney Spears has NOTHING to do with this project. Idina Menzel is the boxer, Maggie. They are considering changing her name from MAGGIE to JAN, Hilary is finding lots of great rhymes for Jan.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#16re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:38am

I cant belive they are really goign to do that show, it just sounds like it will be terrible. aslo on another board i saw that marquee for the wiz. is that fake or real i cant tell?

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

munkustrap178
#17re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:39am

THE WIZ is fake.

This is real.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#18re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:42am

Since it IS a Carrafa show they should toss boxing gloves into the audience during the finale.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

munkustrap178
#19re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:44am

He's not directing it, he's only writing the book. Nunn isn't a fan of throwing things into the audience, and the theatres is too small to have a set so large that the actor's look puny, so I don't know what he'll do this time.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#20re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:46am

my prediction is that kristin will fill charlotte D'amboise's slot for tony nominee! This is EXCITING!

awkward.

munkustrap178
#21re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:47am

No, this show isn't opening until 2007.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#22re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:50am

Yes...until the show opens the tour of "Forever Tango" will be brought back to Broadway, again, and housed in the Hirschfeld.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#23re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:56am

re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld

But I thought the wiz marquee was put up already!
How did they do the change THAT fast??

Updated On: 3/26/05 at 12:56 AM

munkustrap178
#24re: URGENT: Show announced to fill the Hirschfeld
Posted: 3/26/05 at 12:56am

You are half correct.

The theatre is being held for MDB because it's going to be very meticulous, so the set is going to take MONTHS to put up.

However.

FOREVER TANGO will open at both the Barrymore Theatre and the Belasco Theatre once the shows there end their limited runs. So, FOREVER TANGO will run simultaneously in two different theatres.

Videos