News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Pillowman Playbill Change?

Razz77 Profile Photo
Razz77
#0Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 4/10/05 at 12:26am

Pillowman Playbill Change?

I was just wondering if the cover art for the "Pillowman" has changed during previews...When I saw the show towards the end of March, the cover was a photo of a child peeking between its fingers with the title diagonally across the playbill (using the image pictured above)...However, on playbill.com, the opening page shows the "official opening night playbill" as the playbill pictured above. Anyone know? Just wondering...
Updated On: 4/10/05 at 12:26 AM

apdarcey
#1re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 4/10/05 at 12:35am

usually playbill is right since they make them.

Razz77 Profile Photo
Razz77
#2re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 4/10/05 at 12:37am

That is rather logical of you...(I guess I should have asked "why did it change?" rather than "did it really change?)

I think its interesting that they changed - the old cover art seems much more interesting than what they're using now...It's also what they used in London with the show...hmm...wonder why it changed.

MargoChanning
#3re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 4/10/05 at 12:37am

The first is the Playbill I received last night.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

another_day_2day
#4re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 4/10/05 at 12:43am

::usually playbill is right since they make them::

that made me giggle

Updated On: 4/10/05 at 12:43 AM

chasgoose
#5re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 4/10/05 at 3:34am

I got the 2nd playbill with the child two weeks ago.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#6re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 4/10/05 at 8:27am

I got the latter playbill a week and a half ago.

Madame X Profile Photo
Madame X
#7re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 6/3/05 at 10:38am

FYI - the Pillowman playbill have gone back to being the child hiding behind his/her fingers vs. the block lettering. I got the block lettering when I saw it a week ago, but saw people w/ Playbills with the child walking around last night.

"Some of us have it worse, you know, Dana. Some of us are dating lesbian men. Okay? C'mon."

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#8re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 6/3/05 at 10:51am

I got student rush last Saturday, and around quarter of 10 I saw the guys carting in the new Playbills...I still got the black/block lettered one though.

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#9re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 6/19/05 at 9:08pm

I've seen the show twice. The first time I went was the Wednesday before the Tonys and I got the playbill with the little girl on it but people across the aisle from me got the other one. The second time I went was yesterday and I got the one with just the black logo.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

Yankeefan007
#10re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 6/19/05 at 9:12pm

i got the one with the black logo, four times

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#11re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 6/19/05 at 9:13pm

I was actually disappointed to get the black one the second time, I really like the logo with the little girl a lot.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

downbeat
#12re: Pillowman Playbill Change?
Posted: 7/3/05 at 12:37am

Saw the show today and it seems there is a THIRD Playbill style - B/W closeups of Crudup and Goldman with the logo at the bottom. Don't have a scanner here but I'll try to get it posted when I get home.

They were handing out both this style and the black w/ logo style at the matinee today (depending on which usher), so it seems this is a very recent change.

"Valtava, iso pullean hurmaava HITTI." New York Post (as quoted by Hairspray, Finnish Regional Production.)
Updated On: 7/3/05 at 12:37 AM

Videos